Clan invasion event sale

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Aylek, May 21, 2015.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Source: https://mwomercs.com/news/2015/05/1221-clan-invasion-event-sale

2. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

You missed the most important bit, the clan invasion event that will be announced soon ;)

I bought a Direwolf-S a few days ago so am a bit strapped for cbills. Going to see if I can grind enough for either s trio of Mad Dogs of Adders.

Got another Jade Falcon camo pattern, this time for my whales and they look sexy as.

This discount might help other players get a reasonable drop deck going too. Possibly make an impact on the population imbalance in CW?

3. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Neeeeeed mooooore cccccccbills...^^

Atm I only have 4 clan Mechs alltogether, so I'll try to get at least one chassis full (Hellbringer or Nova) but this will be a hard grinding weekend. Time to get the Hero mechs out ;)

4. Aylek

The post was purely aimed for spreading the news on the sale. The details for the event weren't known at that point of time.

The accessibility of clan mechs for more people certainly is one of the reasons to do this sale. Population imbalance was massive at the Tukkayyid event and the waiting times for IS burned out a lot of people. I fear the same with this event, but according to Russ' tweets the IS numbers are very substantial, so let's see what happens.

According to the sale, I don't see any incentive to buy any permanent patterns at all. I already own the ones given away with the (I) mech purchases I did, and other chassis I own have to get away without any special camo. One shots on a discount would have been nice, though. As for the mechs, I might grap the Novas.

5. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Same for me, I had a single Nova S taking rust for ages, I could get him 2 brothers as well but I'm not sure it's the kind of mech for me.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  6. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I have all the clan mechs I need :p,... its the contract I'm under that's currently annoying me @Aylek ;)

7. Aylek

Same for a lot of us. We will manage this! Its either a solution feom PGI or we need to collect money for the unit coffer this evening before the event starts.

8. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I'm out this evening, but could chip in a few mil if needed. Not too many though, I'm not grinding C-bills to cover for PGI frack-ups,..

9. Vundar

Vundar Well-Known Member

...well I suppose it makes picking up a couple spare warhawks so that I can master them a lot less painful.

10. Aylek

Both Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf camos are GORGEOUS. But... nope.

11. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Good opportunity to stock up on Clan mechs, but which?

I got the TBW Prime, S (might have been a waste) and C. In any case, thoughts? Seems the 3-4 Clan mechs to get (if you don't already have them) are the Stormcrow, Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf and Hellbringer (in that order)

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  12. Aylek

Those four are all worth it. I also have a soft spot for the Warhawk and do like some loadouts on the Kit Fox.

Motörhead likes this.
  13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Those + WHKs are the priority.

I took 2 novas, had one ready to be mastered...I'm liking them, unique playstyle(one of the few true poptart mechs left) and a lot of quirks (to be clanners anyway).

About the priority I'd put Hellbringer over the Dire, much better for CW.

14. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Dire is good for normal queue (if you like assaults), HBR is better for CW for sure, just because of ECM and tonnage limits.

15. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

There soon will be a buff to cUACs, so the dire might become even better on autocannons configuration, provided they don't nerf the chassis with bad quirks at the same time.

16. Aylek

Tried the DWF in a couple of CW marches and found it generally too slow. OKish in defense (great on Boreal, though), but generally rather lackluster while drop weight consuming.

I bought the WHK-C in the sale and am levelling it in CW, and that one works quite fine for me.

In case of a cUAC buff the DWF will profit most, though, but then I'll also be looking forward to old builds of mine on the Timber and Summoner as well.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast