Clan Wave 2 Mechs

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Remarius, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Exentius

Exentius Active Member

Err regarding the preorder rewards, since i ordered the full package do i have all of them ? Or only the first one ? i'm not meaning the premium time included in the packages or the mad dog.

2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You mean things like extra hanging cock pit items right?
    All, like how it is before I think.

3. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Since you purchased in September, you get all of the rewards. If you purchased in October, then you get all of the rewards minus the September rewards, and so on and so forth.

4. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

[member=5002]Exentius[/member]: As others have said, you WILL get them. However, their exact injection dates are not all the same. Specifically, the Polygon camo pattern for the mechs in the preorder stands out because it won't be coming until the 16th OF DECEMBER, regardless of when you get the mechs themselves...but you WILL get it. The Premium time will be injected Oct. 1st. The rest should follow the injection date listed below that reward.

The FAQ has the injection date for each mech and then when they will become available for MC and CBills as well.

Personally, I'm glad my finances worked out and I won't have to wait a month (or two!) and miss out on pre-order rewards. Now I just have to keep working on being a better player :p

5. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I have said it before and I will say it again, PGI has grown real cunning on the marketing side! By spacing out the injection dates they have ensured:

- Players will want to return to the game regularly as new mechs come and change gameplay. Both for the buyers and others. Will promote the feeling of new content likely.
    - Mech impact is easier to judge and monitor, if changes needs to be done etc.
    - People will get a taste, see others play the first mechs (think commercial) and may buyin or upgrade.
    - Staggered development must be easier on the resources.

:)

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I have a feeling that the adder would be gg once the Mist Lynx is out. :D

Well the marketing team does get a bit cunning, but it is on the good side of cunning though, in the way that things are better organized. A staggered injection beats getting nothing at all for a long time, and it is also easier for some to manage their cbills with things coming out some at a time. Also, the way the set things up, they tend to attract people with events. Balanced or not, event and missions are fun, and give some players a goal other than grinding.

Well, let's face it, most of us have elited many of the mech already. A little theme each week is good.

And on the PGI side, it is easier to get feedback, and players would be more likely to return on injection times to pilot/see the new toys in action. That would also give a better impression of the game updating. Before it is basically:

MC hero->MC-mech->cbills mech
    That is about it, along with some hero/paint/camo sale. That and sometimes we do not even get anything new but some camo.

A new variant of an already exist mech series promopt newer players to get mech from the older series (with updated quirks and hopefully models), and renew som older builds and ideas.

7. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

A la Carte upgrade to Masakari for wave 1 should be active by the end of today. Wave 2 A la Carte will be in later this week. (Russ Bullock)

8. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

We now have the faction content available to pick. If you bought a pack, select your goodies and show off that paint on the 16th. :)

Edited for clarity.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  9. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah holding off selecting but will probably pick one of each for the patterns. Not even picked all my IS medallions. ;)

10. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Exactly the same situation, I have 4 choices (likely one clan each) and three medallions (I chose one FRR already ofc) left to pick.

But I see no reason not to pick one each of the clans, do you?

The medals I will hold off on until I see the whole scope of the loyalty points and what you can do with them. Likely will pick Steiner, Davion and Kurita based on lore and proximity to FRR (main squeeze).

11. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I just picked a Davion and still have 3 left.

Wonder what mech I left it on....

12. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

I've already picked both my medallions and faction paint. Other than additional cockpit items, there is no reason not to take one of each faction paint. If you've got all 4 you get 4 paint schemes and 12 colours.

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I selected 1 of each clan pack. I want all those different colours o_O in terms of medallions I just took 1 Davion one so far. Waiting out for the rest

enileph likes this.
  14. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I have chosen all4 but did not get any on the mech!!!! Checking all my Mynx.

15. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Erm, enileph, I don't think the camo or colours will be available til the 16th. They're just letting you choose your faction stuff now.

WhoopieMonster likes this.
  16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

17. Dr. Danger

Dr. Danger Advanced Member

I can't see anything.

18. Cattra Kell

Cattra Kell Well-Known Member

I want the colors - so I went one of each - I don't use war horns or cockpit items really to I just wanted the patterns and colors unlocked.

I would suggest prob doing the same for your best value...

enileph likes this.
  19. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Same goes here, polly cheaper to buy more cockpit stuff later if you want them.
    So even cockpit item is not available til 16th?

20. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

From the wording on the site, I assume not. I also took one of each color since...well, variety ;)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast