CN9-AH "Gladius" (3x SRM6+A, 3x MG, STD265)
4.77778/5,

9 ratings

Thread in 'CN9-AH' started by Kellias, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Mjaffk

Mjaffk New Member

5/5,
    I played a bit more and it's acually a nice build. Some maps and sutiation are just not suited for SRM-only mechs though. I use 260 STD and i dropped 2 of 3 MG's and i take 6 tons of SRM ammo. I was sceptical at first, wasn't used to this "SRM playstyle" and it happened that my games were mostly on open maps, badly suited to this build, but then i played some more and realised it's a very powerful build in some situation. Though i think Wolverine would probably suit this SRM-boat playstyle a little better, but i only use it for farm, and my hero CN9-AH i got for free is perfect for farming.

Thanks for this build and forum, without them and the five-star rating i would never think to use only SRM - actually, i never used them before and hugely underestimated their power. In other Battletech games they were pretty weak compared to other missile weapons, so i always used ATMs or MRMs.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  2. Azakael

Azakael Advanced Member

I... love this build. I run the 275 with SRM-4+As. Only down side is that I tend to be weal or woe with it.

3. Kaz82

Kaz82 New Member

This build is pretty sweet just put in 3 kills, 6 assists, 944 damage....would but up the screen shot but don't know how yet.

4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Post the screenshot to a hosting site (imgur, photobucket, etc) and copy the address to the pic. Then put it in IMG tags.

Just saw the poor man's version of this...instead of 3 SRM6 or SRM4, it had an SRM6 and 2 SSRM2 on it. Performed abysmally in comparison...so don't do that :p

5. Kaz82

Kaz82 New Member

Thanks Durandal

I didn't even notice that both AH's got highest scores on the team
    [​IMG]

6. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

I run this version, it is a slightly cheaper version of SubjectSeven's version using the STD260 engine.

The winning components are the machine guns, crits FTW!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Member

3/5,
    MGs require more face-time than mediums can muster in a post-clan, post-quirks game like we have now.

8. mmstahlman

mmstahlman Active Member

Sometimes, you have to play a mech different due to size or hotboxes, etc. So while I agree the MG aren't ideal on this mech playing it with an SRM build can allow you to fire them together vs doing the face hug MG play style. Fire, turn, fire, turn. Play less MG ammo and get the occasional crits.

The part of this build I don't like is that I feel the CN9-A just does this better with MLs instead of MG. And... feels like a waste of all those free slots in the right arm. :(

9. RancidOJ

RancidOJ New Member

This is what I have been using. More missiles means more better, Right?
    Also has the added benefit of AMS for those pesky LRMs.

10. enileph

enileph Star Lord

My version. Basically the same concept.

Got the xmas grand prize with this mech, and turns out it is not a (C), oh well~
    Sold it for less than 1 mil, no point in keeping it when you already have 2 loyalty version in your garage.

11. Neonin

Neonin New Member

5/5,
    Excellent build for an under-appreciated mech. I use Sjorpha's variant and it's still underestimated to this day. Surprisingly tanky too:

[​IMG]

The guy with 1k+ damage was using 4xLRM15...

12. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

5/5,
    [​IMG]

A hell of a mech

13. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

Good critical with this build.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast