CN9-AL "Hawker" (3xLL, 2xSRM4, XL275)

Thread in 'CN9-AL' started by Fherot, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

Simple and effective Centurion CN9-AL build that I've modified for the quirks, mainly taking an XL and third LL over my old ML/STD build.

Great skirmisher / flanker.

**Update**

With the new skills I find large pulse lasers vastly superior to large lasers for pin point damage when playing his mech as a speedy harrasser. I've been doing 600-800 damage games tonight when I resurrected my old faithful girl.

Don't let the 29% CE fool you, cycling arm/torso lasers and saving SRMs for crits and lights makes it easily manageable. I do run all Heat skills in 'Operation' skill tree.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
  2. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I've beenusing the Trident build (3xLL and 18 DHS). This one is more bursty, but I feel wouldn't sustain as well. Still a good build.

Fherot likes this.
  3. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

Plays as a side line skirmisher and backstabber so the extra heat doesn't bother me, the CE is 39% without missiles. I switch to the torso weapons for close range / brawls or when armor is stripped.

Also the AL gets 20% reduced heat with LL.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  4. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Yeah, I played the trident more as a standoff skirmisher.

Although I did brawl a Timberwolf and win...heat matters when fighting against a Centurion.

Fherot likes this.
  5. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

6. Calvyr

Calvyr New Member

If you put Ferro on this, you can max out the armour on the shield arm and add an extra ton of SRM ammo.

7. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

Updated build since playing again. Still an awesome mech and for some reason I do better with than any of my big heavies or assaults.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast