Concerns Regarding Cw Queue Behavior - Russ

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Gasboy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/181916-cw-queue-how-it-works/page__view__findpost__p__3997411

This might help you folks looking for CW action a bit. 12 man works best, but if you can't do that, break up into even sized groups.

Remarius, epikt and Abigail Acerose like this.
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

So glad to read that. :thumbsup:

enileph likes this.
  3. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah the group part is great news but..... do they mean faction as in House Davion or Inner Sphere? Clan Mutt or Testies?

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I think they mean houses.
    Though it's better than nothing, it indeed would be great to be able to group from all Inner Sphere, whatever the house allegiance - obviously, in that case it would only be to kick clanners butt.
    (and same for clan groups of course)

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I guess it would allow you to discuss tactics before you drop and coordinate mechs, plus have time to get on comms together.

6. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

All I can say is that it is great how PGI is progressing from where they were even a few months ago. They're taking feedback, processing it quickly, and doing something with it, and communicating it to us.

CW might have its issues, but I think this was a good start to something that could become great.

7. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

I'm trying CW for the first time and... have no idea how to play. I mean so many planets are up for attack or defend but 0 players in any lobby so... how do I know which one is a good one to pick that will actually get people...

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

This is a bug. I know you are surprised but it is true. You won't see the other 11 players until the match is full.
    The easiest way to find active matches it to click on the little popups on the bottom right that say "So-n-So Shithole needs DEFENDERS" or ATTACKERS or whatever. That is what I have been doing.

Keep in mind, attacking in a pug group has always resolved in a loss for me when playing against 12 mans. PUG ON PUG is more even whether attacking or defending.

9. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

For whatever your faction is, I write down the 6ish plaents that are contested along it's borders, and then whenever the message comes across that one of them needs attacking or defending, I click it. Got 5 games started within 5 minutes doing that (and 2 games went to 10 minutes before I cancelled out of it). I never tried to just pick a planet and sit there.

The lobby will always show 0 people until the very end so you can't go by that.

enileph likes this.
  10. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

That was incredibly boring, 12 man breaks gate down, 12 man storms turret gen, game ends. No one broke 300 damage.

enileph likes this.
  11. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Thanks for that info.
    Hope solo que in CW gets better. Maybe your idea is good though.
    Not joining a guild, don't want to pay any tribute... fuck taxes.

12. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Yeah, that will happen. But you will also have games where you will kill 48 attacking mechs and survive with a sliver of health on the orbital cannon. Those games make dealing with everything else worth it.

Fherot likes this.
  13. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

There are no taxes.... Michael is still stuck in the 12th century. ;)

14. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

What? Hell no, just no UMAD guys are really ever on in numbers sufficient enough to field a 12 man so rather than wasting time waiting I just go and do my own thing.

15. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah its the problem for so many units atm. Really need the ability in quickly for all a faction to join as then we could field lots of peeps on the Mechspecs TS. You'd all have to fight for House Davion though. ;)

16. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

I agree on all IS vs all clan, those with particular houses/contracts get their better bonuses etc depending on world. It would go steps and bounds in right direction of quicker-to-fill games with better groups.

17. Gasboy

Gasboy Advanced Member

Sounds like you need a recruiting drive. XD

18. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

We could always 2, 4 or 6 man it depending who is on. Several members are in 2-day limbo before returning to UMAD.

19. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I'd gladly join the UMAD folks...but you're fighting for the wrong side! House Kurita is love, HOUSE KURITA IS LIFE!!!

20. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

then you got the wrong faction selected, you lone wolf.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast