COU-H "Cuckoo" (2xcERPPC, 4xJJ, cECM)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Cougar Omni Builds' started by Adgar76, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Adgar76

Adgar76 New Member

No Cougar builds yet? Ok, it's not a great 'mech (especially since some of the best pods are locked until it is released for cBills, COU-H Head i'm looking at you), but still... ;)
    Let's try to remedy that. This is a tried and true ECM'd cERPPC poptart, and unsurprisingly it's the config that has worked best so far. I prefer to have both peeps on one side so that i can shield with the other, and shave some armor form the other arm. It's not like those arms are particularly good at shielding, anyway.

rinco likes this.
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    Very solid build that alleviate Cougar weakness: speed and lack of evasion once brawl starts.

Original omni-pod set will give an additional -5% cooldown (for a total of 10% cooldown) plus -10% heat gen (which should be added with a +5% heat dissipation).

It should be played as a support for your bigger team mates, so poke, lock you target and focus fire on important components. Try to avoid giving away your position otherwise if anyone will try to push you, you probably won't be able to run away. 4xJJ and ECM will help with better positioning and avoid being detected while repositioning or poking.

Replace ERPPC with 2xLPL and swap a DHS for a TC1 if you haven't skilled this mech yet

3. waaaaaaaat

waaaaaaaat Active Member

@CarloArmato I think I would trade those omni benefits for the higher hardpoints of the E omnipods. It's like the KFX Purifier - having the high mounts makes the mech so good at peeking that it can change how you engage. For jumping, it allows you less exposure than you would otherwise need with the arms. That is a matter of personal preference, I suppose.

4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Mainly, it's a matter of personal preference. The main issue with side torsoes mounted lasers is the lack of JJs: sometimes they really come in handy and due to the fact arma mounted lasers are still decently high enough, you can poptart anyway. The main downside of arm mounted lasers / PPCs is bad convergence, which will result from timte to time in hitting a pole or an obstacle rather than a target. Also, with ECM you can compensate the bad hardpoint location.

5. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

5/5,
    Yeah, this is what I'm going to go with too. I'm trying out a weird compromise build to avoid having both PPC's in the arms, but still have some jump jets:

Took it out for a couple spins and it seems like it will be pretty solid. With both PPC's on the same side, the convergence isn't too bad. You can't hill poke as well as if you went with two torso mounts, but you have enough JJ's to get you out of canyons and onto most ledges, and you can side peak very nicely. And having one Peep arm mounted lets you take out UAV's easily.

Post skill-up report: fun and good. In a pinch not a terrible substitute for a 2xERPPC Huntsman. Skill tree:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...062101cf37f0000d86f1771a5668ca2211f#s=Weapons

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  6. HKO2006

HKO2006 Active Member

12 Left arm armor to keep that one DHS, full H pods for -10% heat and -5% Cooldown.

Torso mount instead, no JJ but very good at hill peeking
    All DHS to left arm, right arm is shield.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast