CPLT-C1 (2x LRM20+A, 3x MLas, TAG, BAP, 1x JJ, XL260)

Thread in 'CPLT-C1' started by xmephistox, Feb 17, 2014.

1. xmephistox

xmephistox New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

CASE is absolutely useless with an XL engine.
    Also, an XL260 is definitely not the engine you want to buy: overall the 255 is more versatile (and gives you 1/2t of armor to replenish your weak legs), and on the other hand the 265 weight the same. If you got this engine with a Jager that's fine, but it's not optimal.

That being said, it's a great mech. Here is how I built it:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. xmephistox

xmephistox New Member

Yeah just built around the engine that I had available at the time.

As far as CASE, not sure how it cannot help as it is supposed to prevent internal damage if a ammo explosion occurs. And with the XL I really do not want a direct ammo explosion as it would certainly destroy the mech as opposed to simply damaging it.

"CASE, short for Cellular Ammunition Storage Equipment, was created by the Terran Hegemony in 2476[1] as a system designed to reduce the hazards of carrying volatile or explosive equipment, usually ammunition. CASE is essentially a specialized container structure for housing the equipment, and redirects explosive force in the event that the equipment explodes. While this makes it invaluable for preventing excessive internal damage, CASE does not actually stop the explosion, it merely contains and redirects the explosive force, so after an explosion units likely will be crippled or nonfunctional, though not destroyed outright. "

Am I misreading ^^^?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/CASE

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

CASE doesn't prevent internal damage, it only prevents the propagation of internal damage from side torso to center torso. Still, the side torso is destroyed so it's only useful with standard engines.

edit : just to show this build can deal serious pain. No arty, just a shit-load of missiles.

[​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast