CPLT-C1 Grimm Variant (2x LRM15+A, 3x MLas, TAG, BAP, AMS, XL300)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'CPLT-C1' started by Michael, May 21, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

It somehow escaped me, but I realised just yesterday that the Catapults arms were changed so that every one of them can carry 20-sized launchers now.

What do you think about these?

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I think you lose too much. That is an extra 6 tons of weight just going from 15s to 20s. Even upgrading one launcher is 3 tons you have to take away from somewhere. Losing speed means this mech can't really shoot and scoot like it is designed to. Losing a DHS means you reduce your ability to lay on the MLas if you need them.

3. Merciless Hunter

Merciless Hunter Junior Member

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Here comes the LURMAGEDDON 2.0 Edition!

Drop Artemis and a little bit Speed to have megatons of Missiles for the ultimate LURMA-HELL!!! Is it worth to drop Artemis? Well, 620 extra Missiles for the extra damage. Why not??

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

LOL Blagg... I was just thinking about posting a build here, then I see you done bump't it :rofl:

I'm curious, what is the point of BAP on a mech like this?

6. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

BAP will boost sensor range from 750 to around 1k, so you can get targets out to max LRM range. Also, it'll counter an enemy ECM if one is nearby jamming you, allowing you to continue LRMing even though a SDR crawled into the guy next to you's butt crack. I think it also speeds up the locking speed. Smurfy has a writeup on what all the equip does if you scroll down a ways.

Speaking of locking speed, I wouldn't drop Artemis so quickly Blagg. Quick locks are your main defense against jump snipers or corner/hill pokers, get those birds out and on their way ASAP. Tighter spread is icing on the cake.

7. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I guess the sensor out to max is a good enough reason... not 100% sure though. I do know that BAP does not effect lock time at all.

8. Aylek

It counters ECM nearby and therefore allows to keep on targeting mechs in LRM range. Considering BAP's range it obv. doesn't help against the ECM carrier himself if he's keeping a smart distance.

9. Aylek

5/5,
    My go-to build since more than a year for a reason.

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    The First build i ran in my C1, and whatever i did to tweak this Mech - i always cam back to this build. K, i run it with XL280, no AMS and moar Missiles!

11. Aylek

Here's my current version especially for CW:

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast