CTF-3L "Right up to your face and diss you" (HGR, 5xML, STD300)
4.66667/5,

3 ratings

Thread in 'CTF-3L' started by Pretzalcoatl, May 18, 2018.

1. Pretzalcoatl

Pretzalcoatl New Member

2. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

Isn't Heavy Guass Ammo non-explosive? An argument could be made for putting it in your CT instead of 2 in each leg.

3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

51% heat efficiency is really cool: you could easily make a good use of ERML and a TC1.

This build is actually very interesting..

Aylek likes this.
  4. CarloArmato

5/5,
    How did I miss this build?
    I strongly suggest to swap ML for ERML and replace 1 ton of ammo for a TC1: it will greatly enhance the build, especially at "range" (300-400 ish range).

+10% ballistic range (HGR has 275 meters optimal range with skills), -15% ballistic cooldown which make it couple pretty well with ERML cooldown...

Recommended skill tree here: with armor skill you can achieve ~130 CT overall armor and since this build has little to no DHS and few lasers, you can focus only on heat gen and safely ignore operations. Without heatgen nodes, though, this build is gonna be hot, especially during tight brawls. If you haven't skill into heatgen, swap the ERML for ML like in the first post.

I recommend this build if you own a Loyalty cataphract like I do (it was given for free a while ago), otherwise I don't think you should bother buying one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    Dreddex likes this.
  5. Pretzalcoatl

Pretzalcoatl New Member

yeah it prints cbills

6. Bad Dragon

Bad Dragon Benefactor

4/5,
    I was about to post my build, but it ended up strikingly similar to your's, but with a smaller engine, one less heatsink, a little more armor, and MASC.

I honestly couldn't imagine this build without the MASC since it lets you right side poke even more, nevertheless, the setup is very powerful and I'll rate 4 stars. I just feel like the MASC is more valuable than an extra heatsink and bigger engine.

7. CarloArmato

I'm on the other side of the barricade: why move at 63 km/h with burst of ~75 km/h (+12 km/h) when I can move at 69 km/h all the time (+6 km/h), fit +1 DHS and fit ferro fibrous instead of light ferro fibrous for almost max armor? The only thing that is not achievable with a better engine is acceleration and deceleration, but you can't fire at all with masc active and I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for pokes. Ton wise, MASC seems worth it only if you fit ft least a 300 engine (325 should be 5+ tons excluding the DHS slot, for a total of 6+ tons).

I do agree that with non-ER ML the 2nd DHS is pretty much overkill, but if you fit ERML like I did this build will be definitely hotter, will actually need that 2nd DHS and, most importantly, it will be more reliable above 270 meters, granting you the ability to poke and trade up to mid range (~500 meters) like you would do with ERML and a standard gauss build. You should try out my version with ERML if you have most heat gen nodes or a STD300 to spare.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Shock likes this.
  8. Bad Dragon

Bad Dragon Benefactor

I'll have to give your version a shot sometime, I just prefer the acceleration/deceleration boost even if I ahve to move slower and deal with shorter range medium lasers~

I do have at least 1 std300 lying around somewhere in my mechbays

CarloArmato likes this.
  9. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Made a build closest to this one, I guess. Downgrading the HGauss to regular Gauss, but also comes with MASC.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast