Dedicated Mechspeccer-Night Drops on MS-TS3: Starts @ 1900-2000 GMT

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Falconium, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I recognized you by your signature, considered telling you but thought you might have gotten it by my nickname...but then you gave advice on using the 4N stalker over the Misery and I went, "Nope, he doesn't know." :)

No sweat man :)

Yesterday was fun, always nice to meet people!

2. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Might have something to do with the 20 wins out of 24 battles. But i think the teamplay, killsharing and the many even battles. Would be nice to do it again.
    I got 19 points towards the adder yesterday a few of them with just the SweC guys waiting for people to join.

3. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Heh there are so many people with "Lan" in their names, I never know who's who :p I just wish I could've gotten Durandal on Twitch...was a bit late to that party >< WatcherRat is used in the MMOs I play heh

4. HadleyHope

HadleyHope Star Lord

Thanks for a great night and putting up with me. Really enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

5. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Iv started uploading some of yesterdays games, this is the first (at-least that got recorded) battle from yesterdays MechSpecs evening.

@Aylek @Falconium @epikt @TheMadPanda @TobbbeSWE @Lan and a few more people from various factions UMAD, Dude, NFrg and SweC.
    Ill probably upload some more later when I got time.

6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I saved few games too and might upload a video.
    (well, mostly because on our first drop against the 228 group I realized I hadn't upgraded the mech to double heatsinks and was overheating like hell, which is pretty noobish but also funny :oops: )

Falconium likes this.
  7. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

It was AWESOME fun, everyone. It was great to drop y'all again, and to meet those I hadn't met yet! :)

I definitely look forward to next time.

PS: I did also record a few of the matches, which I may upload this evening, depending on how my ISP is holding up. In any case, our success ratio was satisfyingly high, and I think we all had a blast even on the matches we lost! :thumbsup:

8. epikt

epikt Benefactor

My misfortune with heatsinks... including my PoV of the game already shared by @SirHitman :

Lan, SirHitman and TheMadPanda like this.
  9. Falconium

Finally managed to upload the video I recorded of one of last week's matches: 12v12 against Antares Scorpions . . . and we rolled them 12-2 for kills. :thumbsup:

10. TheMadPanda

TheMadPanda New Member

flankig with direwolf is definetly a great idea.... Or not. That was really a great game, more games this friday?

11. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Should be doable, if @Falconium doesn't mind. He might still be feeling sore after yesterday? ;)

Just kidding mate, it was just one of those rounds where everything worked our way. We'll get stomped the other 99 games. :p

TheMadPanda likes this.
  12. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I'm in.

And yes, their deployment was strange, to say the least. I don't mind not going centre and attacking us on a flank, but splitting like they did was a big mistake.

13. Falconium

Yeah, they did something weird there. Their lights and mediums tried to hold the front line while their heavies and assaults flanked . . . not a very efficient strategy! :rolleyes: :p

But yeah, this Friday sounds awesome to do it again. Hopefully we get another 12 going, and roll just as easily as we did last week. ;)

Also, @Lan --- Never sore, mate. That NARC+2xUAV+LRMs may have hurt (I only died in like 15 seconds!) but it could never deter me from playing this game, especially with friends. And don't worry . . . I'll return the favor some day! (Though it's highly unlikely I'll do it with LRMs . . .) :D :thumbsup:

PS: So far as times go, as last week, I won't be able to make it until 2000 GMT; a person's gotta eat. :hungry:

14. TheMadPanda

TheMadPanda New Member

we will start dropping around 18:00-19:00GMT (19:00-20:00CET), depends on how slow people are to eat ;).

15. Falconium

Hm, will have to wait until the Hotfix is finished before we can start today. Shouldn't be a big issue though, as I think it's supposed to be done by 1900 anyway.

16. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

won't make it myself this week, Still out of town. And won't make Saturday either, I have welding class.

17. TheMadPanda

TheMadPanda New Member

it's live now!

18. Falconium

Let's get this party started!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
  19. Falconium

Last Friday-Night's drops were just as fun as the previous weekend, and just as successful. Much steam-rolling went on that night . . . so much hilarious fun!

Speaking of which, here's a video recording two consecutive matches from that night. I spliced 'em together into one video, since they were both against the same opposing 12-man . . . whom we whooped soundly both times! :rolleyes: :p :cool:

epikt likes this.
  20. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Not sure what was their plan, but most of their builds were kind of exotic.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast