DWF-UV "Cold quake" (8xcAC2)
5/5,

5 ratings

Thread in 'Ultraviolet Builds' started by dranozir, Dec 25, 2016.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

I experimented with 8xLB2X, but I believe 8xUAC2 (in spite of the heat) is superior.

8xUAC2 in 2 seconds can drop 96 points of damage (3 double taps). In 2.5 seconds it goes up to 128, 3 seconds you are up to in the region of 150 damage. These are idealized; jams happen, and your arm mounts are low and wide meaning your shots will often be obstructed; however, the burst damage potential of 8xUAC2 I think is much better than the slow and sustained DPS of 8xLB2X or 8xAC2.

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5bbec6cafd1e32565295f807#s=Weapons

Gotta go max heat gen, and you will probably want to override in critical situations.

2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Short answer: UAC2 burst DPS is better when facing nasty poptarters / pokers, but the sustained DPS of AC2 is way better to stop an enemy lance or a whole team provided you are far enough or positioned good enough to avoid returning fire.

I prefer 8xAC2.
    The consequent issue with higher heat is that you need to take cover to cool off. The moments when you need to take cover and when you want to poke out are very likely both moments when you can't apply full DPS, hence are those moments when smart enemies will attempt free or better trades on you.

As long as you are able to 1 vs 1 any target and avoid that someone else will interfere with your trade you have the advantage of a higher burst DPS, but if multiple targets will poke out from the same shelter you probably won't be able to provide enough sustained DPS to stop pokes or an enemy push.

I had multiple matches in which I overheated despite the 8xAC2 coolesness, but IMHO I've never felt undergunned above 500 meters.

I think this direwolf is better used as a turret sniper rather than a burst dps poker.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    ShooterMcGavin80 likes this.
  3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    The sole reason you should buy an ultraviolet when it is on sale.

4. ShooterMcGavin80

I pretty much agree with your points Carlo, it may just come down to personal taste. I also enjoyed playing this mech as 8xLB2X, I just found it is MUCH more intimidating to the enemy if they get pounded by UAC2's.

Overall I found this to be one of the most difficult assaults to play effectively. A lot of mechs can make do with terrain that is not particularly ideal for their build. This Dire Wolf though... egh, if you don't position yourself well and if you don't have team support... you are going to have a bad day! On the other hand though, if your positioning works out, it is absolutely gleeful to madly pump the enemy full of dakka from 700+ meters and watch them cower and panic.

5. ShooterMcGavin80

After additional field testing, I stand corrected. 8xLB2X's is probably the way to go in most situations. 8xUAC2's is only superior when the enemy is going to be beyond 500 meters and brief exposures. The constant reliable DPS of 8xLB2X's is superior in pretty much every other situation.

6. Spoonyman

Spoonyman New Member

I quite like this setup and I was looking to make a skill build for it, so far I have this and was looking to see if anyone had any ideas on it.

aff5fdfdf46d63811b0eff7fb3c000000000000005808017039c3a0820101

7. Only reason to buy a DWF.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Update for C-Chassis (July 2021) with ECM and a jump jet in the center torso.
    Typical 8xAC2/LBX2/UAC2 build minus three tons.

CarloArmato and ShooterMcGavin80 like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast