Ember "Disco" (1x ERLLas, 2x MLas, 4x MGs, 3x JJ, XL295)

Thread in 'Ember' started by Blagg Zear, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

All Range Build with max Speed, decent Cool Efficiency and nice Agility via JJs.

Blagg

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
    Aylek likes this.
  2. Tb64

Tb64 New Member

I was having a ton of fun in this Spec, I dropped two of the MG's for one more medium Laser for more armor chewing, and ammo conservation.

Been messing around also dropped some armor and added a heatsink + JJ. I really do miss that armor!

I really want speed tweak for this mech bad!

3. greenbeard

greenbeard Active Member

Sweet fancy Moses, it's my favorite spider now with 4 mg's!

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Moonsword commando, with machine guns and jump jets, this definitely have potential.
    Though I'd wait for my perk bonus to be doubled before I try, I'm the overheating type.

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I'm wondering who downvoted this build with 1 or 2 stars. At least give some reasons so we can discuss! If you don't like it tell us why, if you don't have success with it, tell us why. Maybe we can help, definitely we can min/max. If you have good reasons I'm Not even angry about your downvote. Just be constructive -> To ALL contents in mechspecs.com

Thank you

6. Mergatroid Skittle

Mergatroid Skittle New Member

I like this build better than the 4xML, 4xMG build. I've been running the two builds and I have a higher KDR with this one. The ERLL allows you sit back and dish out some damage before you dive in and wreak havoc. 5/5 from me. Man, if only this thing had ECM

7. greenbeard

greenbeard Active Member

This is ol' Skinny Legs. He's a moonshine drankin' leftie hellbilly.

[​IMG]

This is my best round so far, but it's been 400-500 in most runs when I don't crap the bed. I know the legs are quite thin, but I haven't been legged yet. Knock on Ferro-fiberous.

8. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

Not sure why you'd be so risky just to have that extra ton of machine gun ammo. Even with 4 machine guns 1 ton is enough if you're a little less reckless with it. And that double heatsink... personally I'd prefer another medium laser. Yeah you'll have to watch your heat until you get it elited but an experienced player shouldn't have a problem with that.

9. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Was considering a variant of this build and glad I checked the boards. Anyway, here's the version I'm about to be using after more consideration (and when I get the engine):

The ERLL and 2x MLas are your real damage. I've personally found an extra ML in this setup runs poorly (at least for me), so I fiddled around. The compromise I can up with is what you see: 5.1 kph slower than max but 4 JJs for climbing, [edit]So I lied. I already had the 295 and didn't feel like paying for a downgrade, so only 3 JJs. Easy choice![end-edit] but only 2 machine guns with 1 ton of ammo because they're there for crits, not for real DPS. Which arm has which pair of weapons is up to you and a matter of personal comfort. Personally, it 'feels' better to me to have my right arm reach out and touch someone while my left arm is hitting anybody that gets too close, but swapping arms shouldn't affect performance for a good pilot.

When you drop into a match and your team has LRMs, the tag is your bestest buddy ever for extra C-bills and winning in general. When your PuG doesn't have LRMs, you still have your DPS weapons and close to top speed. As much as I really want a BAP [addicted, totally], I'm not willing to make the sacrifices necessary on this build to get it. Maybe an XL 275 and only 2 JJs instead?

Aylek likes this.
  10. lord_auriel

lord_auriel Benefactor

5/5, what else to expect from Blagg

11. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Same alpha as with 4x MLas, albeit with a much lower DPS. Definitely requires a different playstyle, but looks very good nontheless. Will try this during the next days for my final verdict. Might downgrade to a LLas including the range module for a better cooling efficiency when in infights.

Trading 1 JJ for another half a ton of MG ammo sounds reasonable as well.

EDIT: Karl's version looks sweet as well. Could be a nice little CBill farming machine with all those TAG assists.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast