[Feedback] LIKE A CHAMPION - MARK III

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by enileph, Jan 14, 2016.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

LIKE A CHAMPION - MARK III

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Rules:

For every 'Kill Most Damage Done' you achieve you will earn 1 Event Point.
    You can earn more than 1 Event Point in a match, however many times you achieve a 'Kill Most Damage Done'.
    You must achieve a Minimum Match Score of 100 for the match to count.
    You do not need to be piloting a Champion 'Mech in order for a match to qualify.
    Faction Play matches are not eligible for contributing to this Event.

Prizes:
    1 Point = 4x C-Bill Consumable Pack
    5 Points = 250,000 C-Bills
    15 Points = 500,000 C-Bills
    25 points = Cicada CDA-2A [C] Champion 'Mech, including 'Mech Bay!
    30 Points = Cicada Statue Standing Cockpit Item
    35 Points = Cicada Applejack Pattern
    40 Points = Moegi (Green) Premium and AJ Light Orange Special Color Unlocks

Remember to get your free Mechbay + XL340 with 25 points!:smuggrin:

The Verge likes this.
  2. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

XL340 :drool:

Luckily, I`m not @home over the weekend :arghh:

3. anonymized1

anonymized1 Dispossessed

Damn, my wife is going to hate me.

4. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Looks like they're trying to increase the effort over past events...the main issue I have isn't that, it's how the KMDD requirement will encourage solo kills and suicide runs. Welllll, looks like it's time to pull out the Kinglers (because 40 damage to the center panel is a pretty good way to ensure KMDD).

5. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Sadly, it looks like the event is currently bugged and you don't get credit for Most Damage Dealt if you die before the mech does. I've lost at least a couple points this way. Hopefully they'll get it fixed so I can get retroactive credit for the ones that were lost

6. I thought I was missing a few points. Thinking back on it, I think they match up with matches I died before the enemy mech. Thanks for the post.

7. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Supposedly fixed now but my score didn't increase. Missed points seem to be gone

8. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Even with the bug that they had, I got to 28 points in just a few collective hours, so it wasn't hard. Recommendations are to either use a big hitter (KGC, BNC, TBR, etc) or a fast mech with a lot of weapons (BJ-1X) to rack up kills. Using those ideas, my games almost always had at least one most damage dealt:

[​IMG]

Another note regarding the BJ, there are a LOT of LRMs out there even in T1 matches. A lot of matches, like the pictured one where I got 5 points, I got them easy by charging in close where 90% of their weapons were completely worthless against me, and wiping the floor with them. That particular one was on Alpine too...Sean Lang was apparently raging in his stream as I tore them apart ;) I wish I'd heard it, but I was streaming on my own. I exported the video, but Twitch muted the audio :(

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I did most of mine on a Locust with 5 MLas. :smug:
    So my recommendation would be to play as usual and it will come in time, and only go for cheesy high DPS builds if you struggle.

But for pure efficiency sake, my few drops with a Nova worked nicely. As long as you're cool at the beginning of the engagement, you out-DPS almost anything. And if you're concerned about you're teammates competition, use your jets and take down the enemies 1v1 :smuggrin:

(fork that Crab that cut my arm, that was not fair!)

10. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Lights have been the easy route for me because of solo-queue times, but obviously not just any light will do. Even in 'one match a day to get xp on this thing', the only build I've NOT been able to get at least one point in a winning game was a fresh Jenner IIC that is more of a support/Narc build. Honorable mention to any fast build abusing SLs or SPLs, because there are few things as satisfying as backstabbing an Assault and coring it before it can react properly. I've been considering pulling out some of the even derpier builds (like cUAC20 on an Adder) just for the lulz during this event. After all, the goal it to earn KMDD points, and it's hard to argue with the ability to drop 40-60 point alphas into rear panels from a mech people ignore.

11. Gneckes31

Gneckes31 Well-Known Member

I've mostly been running my Novas and Stormcrows. Lots of shortrange firepower tends to do the trick.

12. Nakhar

Nakhar Active Member

Close range Timberwolf for mobility and firepower got the job done, Streakcrow or Splatcrow also are very good with all the lurmage being done.

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

It took me just a couple of hours to rack up the 40 points on Friday evening.

With a berserk c-UAC/50 Direwolf I averaged 4 KMDD per drop.

14. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Rocked a 2x JJ, 2x cUAC5, 3x cERML Timber, a 2x cUAC10, 3x ERML EBJ, and a Wubanshee. Knocked out all 40 points in 24 matches. Got two matches with 5 KMDD and a nice handful of 3s and 4s.

15. WorkerPrime

WorkerPrime Junior Member

4x UAC KGC-000 for the win. Unless they're stupid, or just plain unattentive, nothing can stand up to the barrage of UAC rounds that a KGC can deliver.

16. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

It took me a bit to get some points, but I got all 40, and I now have another mech I simply can master, and then let it mothball. But I like the Paint and Paintjob, so it was a good event for me.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast