[Feedback] Marauder Sale

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Michael, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

^

The public has spoken and that makes it much more appealing to buy for that kind of money.

2. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Thanks @Lan !
    Ok, now i will buy the hero, but probably for MC once it's out. A little bit kicking myself for not getting the Origins IIC Hunchback package for the same $40, 8 mechs with two of them with 30% bonus Cbills, plus all the early adopters stuff.

3. Madgoose

Madgoose Well-Known Member

@cs_kami :
    I'd buy the Hero now - because 15$ are roughly a 50% sale......wont become cheaper anytime soon.

enileph likes this.
  4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

join us again!:smuggrin:

Buy only the cheap package. That one is a decent deal, with the 30 day too.

5. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

$35 isn't bad for what appears to be a strong chassis. (especially w/ JJ) However, what if this "balance pass" kills this before it ever sees the light of day?? /phear

6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Nobody knows how the balance pass will play out. I for myself highly doubt the first iteration presented on the PTS remains unchanged, as PGI wanted to promote diversity among the mechs on the battlefield, and the quirks on the latest PTS definitely won't do that... at least that's what I got from some random comments on Twitter or TS, as I didn't really bother looking for them.

I'd say in an unquirked world the amount of hardpoints and the ability to use the best frontloaded pinpoint damage straight out wins. We know this from the time were Dragon Slayer + CTF-3D + SHD + FS9-E teams ruled the battlefield. We can assume PGI knows this as well, hence the ignorance of those chassis or variants when the quirks were introduced for the first time. PGI won't do that mistake again considering how boring those matches played out and that they are aiming for a Steam release.

In my view any quirk overhaul which will finally make it to the live servers will reflect those lessons from the past. It'll also aim at the highest possible diversity while not ruling out too many variants because of silly overquirkings. Yes, some chassis might need those for not being shelved instantly again (Dragons come to mind), but overall I expect the new quirk system to be pretty balanced.

That said, it's a pretty difficult task for PGI, and they need all the feedback they can get for sure. Therefore they'll probably do at least two more PTS seasons to get things right.

Long story short - and finally aiming at the Marauder release - I'd say the MADs will probably be fine in either world. In case quirks will only be there as an 'icing on the cake' the sheer amount of hardpoints available on any variant allow for a nasty frontloaded pinpoint damage. In case there will be good weapon quirks for some rare chassis (again: Dragons?) and only some mild ones for all the others it'll still be hard to argue against a (jumping) 75t mech mounting those hardpoints as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Worse off it would get no quirk just like most of the chassis. So it would not be bad either, only not the best.

8. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

A Marauder and Timber Wolf square off at high noon, in river city. Who wins? (best builds forward)

9. Cpt Chattahah

The jumping 7x MPL Marauder. Hides in the city until his ambush wins the day.

10. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Wish I could remember what I had on my tabletop version but guess it wouldn't matter since we can't mix IS and Clan tech.

11. Cpt Chattahah

Residue from bubblegum and Poutine?

Michael and Azakael like this.
  12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

That, and no melee here, and lots of experimental tech are gone.

13. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast