[Feedback] Phoenix rising event

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Aylek, May 14, 2015.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I think we're getting a bit paranoid - they've had a couple of tournies where they've mentioned miscalculation errors in the past though. ;)

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

But how reliable are the final tables then?

3. SirHitman

SirHitman Well-Known Member

Nope not cheaters, there is a simple answer (and very believable) PGI messed up. They did count group-queue, i was top 15ish at battlemaster now im 766, only played 1-2 solo drops this weekend.

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

@Blitz_Berlin @MechWarriorF2P they fixed a script bug

5. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Must admit that once again I felt the urge to smash my screen in and I even ranted in chat a few times. As detailed in the previous event, I guess I'm just not used to the solo queue. But again, doing the 40-odd drops I did thus far, I really doubt the situational awareness and overall intelligence of some players. Yes, I'm including K/D ratio cowards. Really some people are truly unable / unwilling to play a team game.

6. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Wouldn't say I was paranoid about it. Couldn't care less actually: cheaters have always been a part of gaming. I was just wondering and seen the current events it was a logical path to follow ;)

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

PUG queue is a lottery.
    You can lose while doing 800+ damage killing 3.

This is especially true in weekend with events.
    Remember the NUMBER ONE mission for the PUG players are to get 30 points (event requirement). Winning and losing comes second. They will try to reap damage and kills and what not.

Yes, I know 30 points is easy, but after seeing how some players perform I cannot say the same for them.

On, and the event results are still having an error according to the posts.

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  8. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

So many no votes. It really is dissapointing, if a little unsurprising, how spiteful players are.

I voted yes, let other players who missed out on the Phoenix pack get the enjoyment out of it I got out of it.

9. SirHitman

Well they did sell it as a 1 time offer and even said that it will NEVER be available again.

10. Flokoloko

Flokoloko Advanced Member

Too many players don't want others to get their "unique" and limited mechs. Same issue was back in February when PGI gave away the L mechs a second time.

I understand it somehow, PGI say they have a limited offer and then they offer it again and again and again. (I would be happy if they rerelease Phoenix)

11. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

Remember, that applies to both teams, become the shark in the goldfish bowl, you'll do better.

12. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

Not sure its spite as much as it is FU pgi, do as you promised? they were supposed to be a ONE time deal. There will be other ONE time deals. I say keep those special. just my .02

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

I know, but on those stomps it is hard to get points for the leaderboard as well as you nearly have to fight your team to get a solo kill ;)

14. enileph

enileph Star Lord

As I have said, I am fine to see a re-release of the Phoenix Mech as a package, as long as it does not include the special versions and the badges/titles. It is ok for them to give out other titles/badges though, as long as the original Phoenix owners get one also.

Link to Phoenix pool please? btw.

Aylek likes this.
  15. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Even though, as per my memory, the Phoenix pack was advertised as a one-time only opportunity. I voted yes. Let others buy those mechs and fund the game. We can only benefit from it.
    That having been said, I have no illusions of the final outcome,...

For those that voted no because of the nerfing, I can only say, sad ****hurt people will be sad.

Aylek likes this.
  16. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

You have all forgotten about the "Special Snowflake Syndrome" that infects your average gamer.

What people don't understand is PGI is barely scraping by for money. If you want to keep this game going even another year you need to allow them to generate revenue and in order to do that they need to sell product. Developing NEW product is obviously expensive and may not be something they can just do on a whim so allowing them to sell old product again will generate some money.

Hate to say it folks, but the writing has been on the wall for a little while now. Open up the sales and let them do what they need to do to keep the doors open.

Sassafras likes this.
  17. SirHitman

18. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

@That Dawg, it is a FU PGI. But it is also a FU to all the players that missed out and would like the opportunity to get it. As Michael has said, PGI need money denying them that will only hurt the game for everyone.

Just make a new badge for the original phoenix mech owners, release the old stuff for everyone and be done with it.

@enileph https://mwomercs.com/phoenix-poll

Aylek likes this.
  19. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I want to buy a Golden Timberwolf, but they are all sold out! Man, as a player, I really feel excluded and they should add more to be purchased. I mean, I know they said "Extremely Rare" "Limited Edition" and "Limited Quantity", but that doesn't matter right? Because the money will help support the game right? I mean, people who bought out all the Golden Timberwolves would totally be okay with a loss of value on a $500 piece of digital artwork right?

20. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

You think ANYTHING PGI cranks out, or other Digital Goods companies, has any real world value? Value is determined by the ability to re-sell an object/product/property. If you pay PGI $500.00 for a Golden Timberwolf it has ZERO value other than what you deem it to be worth to yourself. Since you can't resell it you could say "This is worth 1 billion dollars". Essentially, you are paying for your own sentiment. Unless you plan on selling the entire account which opens a whole new set of issues.

Also, Limited Edition and Limited Quantity are two entirely different concepts. If PGI advertised them one day as Limited Quantity and the next day as Limited Edition then they are in violation of business laws within Canada and can be held accountable for that. Their whole "that was our opinion at the time" wouldn't matter in a court of law unless there is some very clear writing that states, at the time of purchase, that the item you are purchasing is limited today but may not be tomorrow.

The burden of proof would be on the consumer.

All that being said; how much "value", sentimental or otherwise, do you think that TimberWolf will have when PGI finally shutters MWO and moves on to MWO 2.0?

Zero; sentimental or commercial.

We have seen an increasing trend with PGI to "bug fix" and add "new gift store" ideas without really building upon the game. Sure putting lipstick on the MechLab helps a bit but doesn't really show any vertical movement. 17,000 participates in the Battle of Whatever, a several day long event, tells me that membership is low and stagnant. I'm not saying the End is Nigh (today) but I am saying, very clearly, that MWO does not have the longevity. Adding the term "value", from a commodities perspective, is ludicrous.

I think the main reason people would be so butthurt by PGI pulling something like this would be the fact that it is more hard evidence that MWO isn't going to be the game many of us wanted it to be and we feel a little stung and betrayed by that; at the very least a little let down. It is what it is, no sense worryin' about it. Lessons learned, life goes on.

Aylek likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast