[Feedback] Pot of gold event

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Aylek, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I picked up a Sparky for the sale since it's one of the better hero mechs, and I want to master Griffins anyway, though I won't play it for a while since we get GHR and ZEU tomorrow. Oddly, I had the most trouble getting my 20 matches on my lights, which are my best mechs. Mediums flew by with the Grid Iron carrying them, heavies had only one non-qualifying match in my HBR, and Assaults have only had one fail match in my DWF when a team countered the strategy we used perfectly. Meanwhile, I had a dozen or so bad matches in my lights...but that may have just been because I was tired on Friday night, and in an awful mood thanks to work crap.

I did get that Underdog video I posted out of it though, so it wasn't a total loss ;)

2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Finished . . . 80/80, all in Hero 'Mechs . . . 12-Million C-Bills banked for tomrrow . . . DONE! :rolleyes: :p

It actually wasn't all that bad. The most painful class for me was actually Heavies. If I'd bought the Clan Package, and so been able to use my Timberwolf, it would have been a breeze. But as it was, my options were Ilya, Protector, and Jester. I kinda resolved to do it with the Ilya, 'cause it was the one of the three that I rarely run ever. And doing those 20 matches, I remembered why I never run it: BECAUSE I HATE IT! :facepalm:
    I don't know why . . . between the low mounts, horrible hibox, meh hardpoints, and poor quirks . . . it just doesn't appeal to me.

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Did the bulk on friday-saturday and finished with a easy ten games on sunday. Very nice and relaxed challenge, mech variation vas sweet, gameplay was good, I liked it.

The mechs I used:
    • Assault class - Boars Head, Misery, Warhawk, Atlas (founders)
    • Heavy - Jester, Firebrand, Catapult (founders)
    • Medium - Stormcrow, Hunchback (founders)
    • Light - Ember, Jenner (founders), Pirates Bane
    Intentionally tried the founders mechs and they are still viable. :)

4. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Interesting to see the mechs you used. Mine were:

Lights: 14 in Panther-10K, 4 in Oxide, 2 in Pirate's Bane;
    Mediums: 15 in Arrow, 5 in Yen-Lo-Wang;
    Heavies: 13 in Hellbringer, 7 in Jester;
    Assaults: 19 in King-Crab-000, 1 in Gargoyle.

Mostly in group queue. Some of those mechs are somehow group requirements (Hellbringer or PB for ECM, Panther for NARC), others are just "selfish" selections of mechs I kick ass with (Arrow, YLW, Oxide).
    The Crab was sort of a default pick, since I'm not really familiar with assaults (and does not own any hero of that class). It was the harder class to grind, I only had 10 drops with this mech prior to the event. First rounds were clumsy, but at the end I was much better.

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, wonderful event with quite some nice gameplay contrary to some of the events prior to this one.

In addition to the different weight clasaes I oblieged myself to use as many different mechs as possible for completing the challenge. This is what I used:

Lights
    - Pirates' Bane
    - The Death Knell
    - Sarah's Jenner
    - Oxide
    - Huginn

Mediums
    - Yen Lo Wang
    - CN9-AH (L)
    - Loup de Guerre
    - Grid Iron
    - Golden Boy
    - Sparky
    - Stormcrow Prime (I)

Heavies
    - Fang
    - Flame
    - Firebrand
    - Thunderbolt 5S (P)
    - Hellbringer Prime (I)
    - Ilya (aweful!)
    - Protector
    - Timber Wolf Prime (I)

Assaults
    - Dragon Slayer (oh, how I miss you...)
    - Battlemaster 1G ( P)
    - Misery
    - Heavy Metal (*sigh*)
    - Boar's Head (surprisingly good)
    - AS7-S (L)
    - King Crab 000 (L)
    - Dire Wolf Prime (I)

Using all those different mechs kept game play fresh and interesting. Players also seemed to be a lot les dickish this weekend, short of maybe a Liao 12 men farming in CW as fast as possible so NOBODY including them reached the qualifying match score. Overall a very nice event, though.:thumbsup:

6. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Yeah, I probably did some games in a Panther for NARC's admittedly, forgot about those. Were in the beginning.

7. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

Did not have the play time I wanted thanks to TWO family ambushes. That's not on PGI, though. I really like the structure of this event, and got to mix up play both in terms of weight class and individual mechs. Still getting about half the regular C-Bill potential too!

Also had some really good matches in mechs that surprised me, like UAC-10/3xMPL GAR-P(I) and the Hellslinger (2x LPL, 4x ML, 3x SRM4) which I expected to do terribly in a I'm not an assault pilot. For when I got to actually play, this was a great event...much less dinkitude than the challenge-challenges, and much better weight-class variety fielded instead of a terribly lopsided queue.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast