Flame "Blue Flame Laser Boat" (4xLL, AMS, XL300)

Thread in 'Flame' started by skribs, Feb 25, 2013.

1. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

Interesting. I might play around a little with that to put a 360 XL on my 1C, which is currently using this setup. I'm fine removing a half ton of armor from the legs to make it work.

EDIT: Hmmm, you did kinda the same thing to drop down to 350 XL and grab streaks. Oh, my unit member is upset that he had to buy a 350 XL engine, but overall appreciative of the advice.

2. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I've been enjoying my FlameC/20 build, but I may have to get a 350 XL and go with large lasers again. I think I can get a better AC/20 build on a Cataphract anyway (eyeing that 1X or 2X right now), and they're coming up soon.

EDIT: Thanks to your input, Phaedrus, I'm running XL 360 on my 1C with the Cyan setup and XL 350 on my Flame with 4xLL. I think I like the LLs better, though, and might be looking for a new build for my 1C.

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Did anybody try this build since the ghost heat implementation? My guess is that it still works, but requires an even more disciplined trigger finger.

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I don't run Dragons but yeah, .5 second split between the two groups of LLas. Basically its pinpoint has been cut in half.

5. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

If you have 15+ DHS, I haven't noticed much issue packing 4LLas. Alphas will take up more than half of heat bar, but a .5 second pause between shots isn't that hard to do with a little discipline.

6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Running 15 DHS requires running an XL 325 if I am not mistaken. This is quite a downgrade from the XL 350, but the improved cooling efficiency obv. requires this.

Comparison: Blue Fame / XL 325

vs.

Blue Fame / XL 350

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  7. Forte

Forte New Member

I love my dragon and was having trouble trying to find a build I liked that allowed me to play pretty in several setups. With only slight tweaks this build can use LL, or ERLL or 2LPL and 2 ML (to keep range consistent). I enjoy this "pistol" Dragon Flame for that versatility.

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I recently pulled the Flame back out, but the 350 XL version in (Alt Config. A) and this thing still melts the enemy if played right, and isn't too catastrophic if you click a little fast (unlike my 12-SL Nova). 101 KPH and 36 firepower is a pretty decent amount, especially since you can't run out of ammo and you get 30% bonus C-Bills in this Mech.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast