Frequently Used Tips and Tricks

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Excalibaard, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

If we want to be strict on grammar, I think "munitions" would be the proper phrase, but I tend to go with the rule of "who gives a shit as long as people understand what it meant" ;) So "submunitions" it is!

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

sub-munition is actually a sub-caliber round. so munitions is correct, bc they are the same diameter as the barrel they come out of.

3. Throet

Throet Active Member

Need to add one to the "Armament" section. Right after your mention about a dumb fired volley of LRMs being used to reveal enemy carrying AMS, it would be pertinent to note that AMS can be set to "INACTIVE" to prevent people from identifying your location this way.

There is a hotkey for this, although I don't remember if it has a default value, or what that value might be. It can also be turned on and off by selecting it's line in the weapon group display with the arrow keys and pressing right CTRL key(that is default). This is also a good thing to do if you notice your AMS firing when the LRMs could not possibly hit you(like when you're in a cave/under heavy cover) unless you want your AMS to shoot down missiles aimed at teammates(a valid reason to leave it on).

4. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

I'm pretty sure the default key is tilde "~"

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

originally "right control"
    You can also toggle your weapon groups to make it more suitable for the map, on top of that you can toggle AMS and ECM mode (other than the hot key)
    I wish you can toggle cLBX/cAC.

The Verge likes this.
  6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Considering to clean this document up a bit and remove some sections. Want to make it purely focused on building your mech, gameplay tips can be written elsewhere. Input on this decision would be nice, I keep the suggested edits available for a week. You can also make suggestions yourself.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast