HBK-4P PreParation C (3x PPC, STD190)

Thread in 'HBK-4P' started by Prosperity Park, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Prosperity Park

Prosperity Park Junior Member

Reposted with smurfy tags...

PrePeration C was created specifically to provide short-term instantaneous firepower comprable to a 65 ton Dual-Gauss Heavy Mech, boiled down into a hilariously difficult-to-use 50ton chassis. No, you don't shutdown after a single Alpha, but I'm not saying anything beyond that in terms of manageability...

What I will say is that it carries more weapons than an Awesome 8Q with roughly 24 heatsinks' worth of cooling.:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Cthulu Jr.

Cthulu Jr. Well-Known Member

It's been a long time since I first made my Stormscour Hunchback builds, so I'm updating them for the latest patches;

Here is my updated LLas Stormscour;

3. Cthulu Jr.

Cthulu Jr. Well-Known Member

Here is my updated ERPPC Stormscour;

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

XL Engine on a 4P with the large Hunch?? bad idea..

maybe this:

or:

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

The Tri-PPC looks fricking AMAZING with the new visual patch!

6. P

P Well-Known Member

Hi, you hate your life just as much as i hate my life in a hunchies
    we are like the tiny version of an orion or an atlas
    but we ain't as durable and when we lost our "hunch", we are practically next to useless if not...still useless.
    so i came up with this build, i know XL on a hunchy is a bad idea
    but fck you man, when your hunch get destroy just coz you want to stay on target for a few seconds(Med Lass/MPL), might as well just dont stay there at all.
    huncies arent made to take hits. we are so fat and big might as well go as a fast one and when our "hunch" exploded, might as well just die coz you are not that huge yet you still get hit so practically you suck.

the following build are meant to be a hit and run build. you dont stay at one places hence the name "Guerrilla"

So how to use 'em, this build, means you are an med-range urban mech, you are using ppc so there's a min range of 90m which means you are practically useless to hump their face just so you wont get shot coz you are fat. so stay in the distance so that your fat would look smaller but you know you are still fat. paint it black wont make it any thinner either.

you are not meant to brawl with this build or in any other build, you are fat, and you are just as squishy as a legged raven. you are not as muscular as sylvester stOrion or even arnold schwarzeAtlas.
    you are this guy here
    [​IMG]

so every time you run out into the small window, you aim as fast as you could while running full speed and place your 30damage punch and run into the hiding in front of you. map for example mexican burrito strait or canyon something.

sure you can play sniper in this build but you know you are fat. you fire and then you back off you think the folks from the other side is stupid not knowing you that you are fat and that you gonna peek at the same spot again?

so do yourself a favor and treat yourself as if you're a mechbuster. you're fast but not that fast, you are hard but not that hard so when you burst your pcc 30 damage or 20 if you want it, make sure it count(coz ghost heat is the crack cocaine of you miserable fat life) but dont bother staying for too long in the open, just fire and forget.. just make sure no one is there to take your only "girlfriend" away

summary
    dont brawl
    just hit and run and hide

and when they are on the run
    you chain fire that shit.

here's a recent screen shot
    stay away from the main fight, let the heavies do what they are good at
    [img width=700 height=392]http://i.imgur.com/tCG2Iof.jpg[/img]
    [img width=700 height=392]http://i.imgur.com/2tpZ2AT.jpg[/img]

VanBurenPhilips likes this.
  7. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Honestly, i think u are confusing the concept Guerrilla with Sniper. This build have a gape in close quarters that u will most likely be regreting since the 1st drop.

Just my opinion, but Guerrilla warfare is actually the opposite; u go to the field with a little of everything, so u can face different situations and still be able to flee if u cant win.

This build instead forces u to stay at a minimum range, and due to the PPC cooldown, forces also an aiming time on target. Ergo it forces Sniper playstyle.

I would say that a real Guerrilla Hunchie would need: 1 PPC/ERPPC, 1-2 LLas/MLas, filling the rest with SLas, and absolutely needed an AMS or redropping that weight back into armour, cause u will be often alone against the world, so a defense is a need, sorta cause it has the weapons to adapt to any situation it may face.

This other alpha is 28 points from ERLLas and ERPPC+15 points from SLas when in range, so basically only dropping 2 points from the main weapon system makes the secondary a full finisher.

Other interesting choice may be 3 LPLas, if u want to place big weapons, sorta cause with the same alpha is more accurate (reach instantly the target) and have no minimum range. Its way more flexible and u can even place a MPLas in the head just in case.

As i said, just my opinion :)

8. P

P Well-Known Member

my point is
    dont get shot, dont stay in the fight
    just deliver in the shortest amount of time and get the fuck out
    when you get chased by something, means you're doing it wrong.
    if something happens, you know your mates is gonna be there. if not then tough luck

9. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

I get ur point, what i cant see clearly is why u erase any chance of defense o_O . During any Hit&Run action u attract attention, and is most that likely that, in no less than 1/2 of the matches, u gonna need some defense in close quarters, or fight in a cramped corner of a tunnel, and u really wouldnt enjoy the feeling that u are a simply a moving target :blush:

Just changing the PPCs to LPLas
    Deliver 1.8 more dmg in 0.6 secs (duration of the LPLas pulses) generating less heat, with less cooldown, AND in knife-range too.

Thats my point, that PPCs only is not a choice that ppl would want to use, cause it cross the line of suicidal mech ;)

10. P

P Well-Known Member

Yes i get your point too for defense, i currently run a Knifeback build by gambino
    but this build here is for specialized role of harassment, and if used incorrectly, it will be a suicidal mech which i agree. LPL has a limited range which is good for support in the firing line. but away from the firing line and for flanking purposes to pull the weight away from the main group, this will be it, sure cicada stands a better chance but with the speed almost at 100kph and 3 ppc, this will give the impact which your team needs. and in order to not die, this mech are more a training build for guys who needs to learn fire discipline, distances and locations of allies and the avoidance of "fuck it, let me hump your face" attitude.

the "avoid humping your face" attitude is to teach players to be more cautious about himself and his mech, his surroundings, avoid being caught in the open, how to hide and how to be the team player because it is the team that will be saving your butt if you were to be caught at all especially this build carries no ECM. this is not a mech that will gain the highest damage or to get the highest kill. this is one of the many important builds to help the team win. its all about the role in the game.

with the knifeback or some other med to short range builds, sometimes i have to charge in to deal damage or risk the entire team column to fall as my range are not high enough, or/and to encourage the pugs to charge in as well. this is more of the psychological part of team-building already. say my cap'n were to charge and push, and if one were to stay back, they will be some of them bound to also stay back and hope for a pot shot.

this build however is to follow how other lights were to move and does the same and to deal damage at where it hurts and in the shortest amount of time needed. with any lasers or pulse lasers, i may have to let say aim the cross hair for a certain amount of time. but with the ppc, with practice, a glance is all it is needed and you can focus on doing something else, this is where ac20 hunchies are good at too.

but none the less it's a suicidal mech which is true. but in the right condition, this maybe what your teams need.

just imagine you're the spy from tf2 who cannot disguise.

11. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Better explained. U made me even consider to test it, eventhough im quite sure whats gonna happen, but...it can be funny, like the SHD-2D2 "Big Mouth!", which is one of those builds i try from time to time cause is DAMN GREAT, but it makes u a completely reckless player. I can say for sure that is the build i have played for less battle time, normally dieing in less than 5 minutes, and still, I RECOMMEND U TO TRY IT, for great LoLs :D :cool: :D

12. Jagger225

Jagger225 New Member

I rate this 4/5 if you play it right. You CANNOT be the focus of attention (I ran it on my HBK-4H as well...sneaky ppcs :phear:, but much lower weapons) and it rocks. I actually switched to an ER PPC & 2x PPC & I loved being able to pick early game and then full support the big guys after the main skirmish is over.

If you can't stay at range with an XL275, you are doing it wrong! I agree with the LPL idea, just haven't run it yet. :rofl:

I usually used the following firing groups:
    1: chained 2xPPCs, double tap for double the fun!
    2: ER PPC
    3: Alpha

Only 4 because heat is difficult to manage at times and well...PPCs got nerfed. Should be a 3, but I love Hunchies & this brought mine back to life from a couple failed tries at other builds.

For the record though, I used this mech with PPCs BECAUSE of the nerf & it helped me do a lot better with them & figure out their speed!

Cheers!

Jagger225

P.S.: Big Mouth is awesome!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast