Heavy Metal Post Gauss Bunny (2x LLas, 1x AC5, 1x UAC5, 2x JJ, STD300)

Thread in 'Heavy Metal' started by FuzzyBunny, Nov 9, 2013.

1. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

This is what I'm running since the change to the Gauss. I turned my 733C into my impact Highlander, so I wanted to make my metal into my sustained DPS Highlander. This is what I came up with.

#1 Runs a standard engine for better brawl potential.
    #2 Spreads the damage dealer to both arms, making it less likely you will be gimped by losing one side.
    #3 Protects the ammo fairly well by putting it into well protected places that should cycle out quickly, could be done differently by putting it into a side torso with CASE, but that just increases the chance of losing that side to an unlucky crit.
    #4 Runs VERY cool allowing you to sustain the constant DPS to bully hot running mechs, no matter the drop location.
    #5 Keeps 2 Jump Jets to keep maneuverability at a high level. Nothing is more annoying to me than not being able to make the jump out of a canyon because I only put on one Jump Jet.

Enjoy!

As I get back to playing more I hope to get back to sharing more builds.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This is a configuration I experimented for a while after I found how much fun the 733C is when mounting double UAC5. At that time (roundabout May) the ammo consumption of those two where differing quite a bit so the main problem was to figure out how much ammo I had to carry for each AC. Once I figured this out the build worked pretty good.

I like your build, but I prefer to use that XL330 the HM is able to carry. The weight saved can be used for some additional fire power provided by SRMs for example. Or just even more ammo and DHS.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. FuzzyBunny

FuzzyBunny MechSpecs Addict

Ha! Irony! In the other Highland build I went XL while standard here, and your ideals are standard there than XL here! To funny.

We do still seem to differ in levels of cooling needed as again you run with less than me.

As for why the standard here. I went standard as this is a brawling dps build for me. You have to keep facing the target straight on more which gives you less time to twist or use cover. This makes the chances of you losing a side much higher. I also like that I can lose a side in the metal here and still keep pounding away with the other arm.

Thanks for your builds though!

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast