Hellbringer Club of 1000+
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Hellbringer' started by Durandal, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Mishkin

Mishkin New Member

[​IMG]

Finally made it to the Hellbringer 1000+ club with a defeat! Gauss (40 shots) & 5 ERMLs, ECM.

Last 3 minutes was 2v4. Used my clan speed to string 'em out and pick 'em off. Couldn't make it back in time to finish off the last enemy atlas (he may have been shutdown and hiding).

Best,
    Mishkin (Clan Burrock)

2. poopenshire

poopenshire Junior Member

I am gonna throw some love here. 2 C U-AC5 and 3 ERML

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

A fairly lame build really, not exciting, 3ML's, 2LRM15's TC/BAP
    I think I have.......about 12 or 13 battles in it so far. Researched only three of the basics.

[​IMG]

4. Tenderballz

Tenderballz Junior Member

my FIRST game on the HBR-B and i got enough XP to finish the basics. god damn i love double XP weekend. :smuggrin:

4MPL + 2xSMRA6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

poopenshire and That Dawg like this.
  5. Tenderballz

Tenderballz Junior Member

woohoo! another one! damn i love this build. can't believe we lost tho. guess we got too carried away with getting kills...

[​IMG]

6. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

Well my Mech was destroyed somewhere near the end but the damage was good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The mech that I played with is:

HBR-A

7. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

8. That Dawg

^dayum, that is some fat paycheck

CW, only used two mechs, so...while I can't really prove it, I ditched my first Heckbringer, grabbed number 2, and finished the map off.
    Broke a grand in each...seriously I am loving this mech(s)
    Got some banner, I think this is the fattest check I've had yet for two mechs
    gotta burn up that premium before 8PMEST!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4ERLL on the first one
    5ML's and one ERLL on the second one

9. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

10. Lethe Wyvern

Lethe Wyvern New Member

[​IMG]
    2xC-LRM20 with Artemis, 2xC-ERLL, ECM.

Flokoloko and That Dawg like this.
  11. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

LRM20 are for landscaping, not mech battle.

12. Lethe Wyvern

Lethe Wyvern New Member

you mean LRMs are useless?

13. That Dawg

Not in my book.

I know theres a lot of animosity towards them, but- about half my grand busters used LRMs, and many 'wins' used LRM's to push back a lance rush, they have no idea if you just launched 60 or 5- in the case of 5, I have targeted a mech, launched, targeted the next one, launched- rinse lather repeat and watched most of them retreat, or scamper, even tho' I lost the lock- bitching betty sang out in their cockpit.

I just came out of this battle- LRM15/artimis/4ML's/ecm/advanced&target lock modules- this game wasn't a grand buster but typical of a 'gg'
    [​IMG]

and back on topic, this mech is OP, whatever the build, its amazing. Messing around with gauss and 4ML's now trying to break the grand club using gauss instead of the above build. Its so bad to the bone, I have TWO of the same thing..only mech since I've been here (2.5 years) that I can say that about...two..same thing...differing ONLY in what I stuff in the non 3ML/ECM shoulder..
    love the heckbringer, hellkitty, wreckbringer, whatever you call it...love it

ok off to work

14. Lethe Wyvern

Lethe Wyvern New Member

Agreed. Funny, but i made this build of former things at hand, in order to save Cbills :D : stripped 20 cLRMs from my Maddog, 2 cERLL from another Maddog and ECM torso from Hellbringer Prime. And here is my best fight on this mech:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At ~10-11 minutes of battle time i was last standing vs 5 enemy mechs, i killed 4 of them. Last 30 seconds we were dancing in the trees with Atlas till fight ended draw :blackeye:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
    Solahma likes this.
  15. That Dawg

THAT is my point! :pompus:
    Check the various builds for the grand buster club in the HBR series...you just dont see one dominate build like you do a bunch of other mechs.
    Even better, you see screen shots of big kills, high damage, last man standing screenshots where the poster is arguing his build is better than your (not "your" as in you, generic third person "your") build..all the while, this mech just pumps out the pain- regardless...its a freaking heavy with ECM Clan mech...whoa, what where they thinking?

I wonder if some obscure variant with jumpjets shows up next year

Love the mech

16. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

No, LRM20 specifically, are worthless. With/without artemis, Clan/IS. The extra tubes add to spread so much that they aren't worth adding. Hop into the testing ground and compare the racks, you'll see which hit metal and which hit dirt. I draw the line at maaaaaaaaaaybe 10 without artemis, and 15 with. Any greater, and you're just paying tons/slots/heat for missiles that don't hit anything that matters.

Lethe Wyvern likes this.
  17. Lethe Wyvern

Lethe Wyvern New Member

Like i said before - i used cLRMs 20 because of economy of Cbills, i dont have any other LRM racks yet. Thanks anyway, im gonna try it out asap:thumbsup:.

18. That Dawg

I tested the 20/15/10 thing last night...wonder if diffferent clan mechs get different results and then factor in IS mechs..somethings wonky
    I'll need more time but it looked like not much diff between arty and non on the 20's, but 200/400/700 meters seemed to hit differently
    and lrm 10's SEEMED to take down the percentage/damage about the same as 15's AND 20's..wtf
    this might need bourbon, fraps and a few hours of OCD studying

19. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Keep an eye on missiles fired to kill a mech, and the % it dies at. Bad spread will baloon in both those quantifiable data points

20. Ry McKenna

Ry McKenna New Member

First time in the club! 6 x cSPL and 1 cU-AC5.with a TC4. Most fun I've had in ages, lessened only slightly by the fact I just missed the 8 kill mark.

[​IMG]

Lethe Wyvern and That Dawg like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast