Hellslinger "5 Eyes of Light" ( 5xLLas, AMS, XL400)

Thread in 'Hellslinger' started by Ravenk, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Ravenk

Ravenk New Member

set fire as GP1 3LLas
    GP2 2LLas
    GP3 1 LLas at time
    GP4 5 LLas

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

3. Ravenk

Ravenk New Member

Sorry this should be better

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Getting there. Now you just need to post the smurfy build instead of the text. :thumbsup:

5. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

6. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I had to guess on your armor allocation and weapon placement...best guess?

Worth noting that, thanks to the ghost heat changes today, you can now fire 3 LLas at once without generating ghost heat, so you can do a group of 3 and a group of 2 with no penalties in this build. However, even with this as a bonus, the Hellslinger has a major disadvantage over similar LLas builds (such as the STK-4N): it has reduction on cooldown, reduction on duration, but no reduction on heat generation as a quirk, aside from its reversal quirk where it's cooler on hot maps, and hotter on cold maps. Put this mech up against the 4N, I would chose the 4N to win the fight any day, ignoring differences in armor, if they had the same 5 LLas loadout. Without heat gen quirks, this mech is going to be struggling on heat very quickly with only 33% efficiency.

7. Ravenk

Ravenk New Member

You are Right Duandal. i will have to think about the quirk and rebuild the mech.

I do want ask you through, if you know any way to use the ppc quirk on this mech, i have try 4 ppc and is not working..... :(

8. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I don't use the Hellslinger, so I can only theorycraft it...but it runs into the same problem that lasers have: The quirks reduce cooldown by 20%, increase velocity by 20%, but have zero impact on the heat of the PPCs themselves. Using 4 means you're going to be incredible overheated. You could go down to 2 PPCs and throw in some SRMs for a face-punch to anyone who gets inside the dead zone, but it doesn't feel like a strong build to me. I'm not sure where the hardpoints fire from on the BLR torsos, so it may be less than ideal as a PPC platform, despite the quirks.

9. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

It's just a poor mech sadly, that loadout can be achieved on the SHD 2K.
    It's terribly undergunned for an assault :thumbsup:

This is probably the best you can squeeze out, while mantaining the high engine cap feature, using all slots, and loading the most poweful IS lasers. With the new GH it should work out.

60 alpha is not that bad without heat penalty, considering assault armor and over 80km/h assault.
    The torso hardpoints are quite high too.

STD version is not bad either, should shield very well and hold all the weapon on one side. Plus it has a lot of DHS.

Sure, you then negate the Battlemaster main feature of being very fast.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    Ravenk likes this.
  10. Ravenk

Ravenk New Member

Thanks guys.

I currently testing a 6 LLas Vision that work better than i through. it quite good at med range, so far....

i will do more testing before put it up.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast