1. Important News!

MechSpecs is changing owners. Please follow this link for all the details. It also includes a crowdfund, all donations are appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Casual IV-Four "Buzzsaw" (2xMRM30, JJ, 2xDHS, XL290)
5/5,

2 ratings

Discussion in 'IV-Four' started by Superman1980, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Superman1980

Superman1980 New Member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Excalibaard likes this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard Space Snob Staff Member

I've seen something similar to this on Baradul's videos :)

I prefer a light engine instead personally. 1800 dmg of salvos should be enough.

IronEleven and Superman1980 like this.
  3. rinco

rinco Active Member

MRMs are even more fun when you add jump jets and surprise poptart...

Superman1980 likes this.
  4. Superman1980

Superman1980 New Member

With the armor it's worth using the XL. I always take massive damage and often times survive below 30% armor.

I run with 2700 missiles and I can and do shoot dry on more than one occasion. Then again it's why I'm posting 1000K dmg matches so often.

1696dmg
    http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p290/Grey410/MWO/MWO 12.01.2017-16.18.42_1.jpg

5. Rosinante

Rosinante Junior Member

Unfortunately, the IV-Four only has a maximum engine of 290, which limits it to 84 KM / H like 65+ Tonner, but that allows a slightly adapted loadout. Offensively, 20% Missile Cooldown are extremely strong, while defensively powerful Armor Quirks are waiting for the player. Also relatively unique are - at least in my guide - the jump jets - which give him a lot of additional agility.

LE 280 Version of Superman´s Build (no Armor on Arms):

without JJ´s, full Armor on Arms to soak up some dmg (my personal favourite so far):

6. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

I confess, my version makes some pretty wild changes:

Putting a standard engine and medium pulse lasers means that you're never going to run out of weapons, and you can take incredible amounts of damage and keep shooting. It also gives you precision to remove components that have been stripped of armor by your MRMs. It's not going to pad the damage count the way MRM 60 does, but it should lead to being able to take down enemies faster.

7. Excalibaard

50% increased murm alpha at close range seems better for killing things imho.

Running enough ammo --> never without weapons :)

8. Dagonus

Dagonus Benefactor

5/5,
    Given the Armor quirks, I chose to shave a little with the LE in there and not give up any speed in the XL to LE switch.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2018
  9. Excalibaard

5/5,
    LE version is THE build on the chassis. Incredibly sturdy and great mobility with a 60 damage alpha (which is pinpoint when facehugging someone, which you can do because of the previous characteristics).