LRM Missile arcs

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Darkblood, Nov 6, 2012.

1. lotus

lotus New Member

What happens if you immediately power down when you 1st get the incoming missle warning? Would that work?

2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I've never tested that. You mean will you powering down break the lock and the missiles will lose guidance?

Interesting idea. I DO use the power-down options a lot to break locks but never thought to check whether it actually affected missiles already in transit.

3. lotus

lotus New Member

The reason I ask is I think someone mentioned that working in the MWO forums somewhere but wasn't sure if anyone over here had tested it or not. It should work, at least, in theory.

4. Vorus

Vorus Active Member

I believe that once in flight, the missiles fly to your last known location, so powering down wouldn't help.

5. Tuku

Tuku Well-Known Member

I run a slow lumbering lummux of an atlas so sometimes their is no way for me to get to cover fast enough....I have shutdown before....missiles in the air will hit you but they wont be able to lock for a second go ...this was pre patch on the 6th so im not sure now.

6. lotus

lotus New Member

I think the technique called for running at max speed then powering down. Your mech then moves a few more yards and the missles hit where you were when you powered down. That would be interesting to try.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast