MAD-IIC "Heatsinks" (2xcLPL, 6xcERML, TC1, cXL350)
4.66667/5,

6 ratings

Thread in 'MAD-IIC' started by SuperPignouf, Dec 17, 2016.

1. SuperPignouf

SuperPignouf Junior Member

They said I could boat anything. So I decided to boat heatsinks.

2. Great build.
    Moar boating!

For comparison

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

4/5,
    One of the most obvious builds on the MAD-IIC and one of the first things I did (using the XL 400 version). Pretty strong laser vomit, but a bit weak to the current pinpoint meta due to the face time needed and the massive cooling required for this amount of clan lasers.

4. Anassi

Anassi Benefactor

I use a similar build on my MAD-IIC and it has treated me exceedingly well. During the leveling phase of the mech I played around a bit with the build and I found that a middle ground build worked best. Dropping one ERML and going for an XL380 engine allowed me to have a fully armored shield arm and enough cooling to at least keep firing with the LPL when heat gets critical. I also decided to put both LPL in the left torso to make use of the high mount there and have a better convergence for the two main workhorses.

Still though, the pure laser vomit MAD-IIC has quickly usurped the spot of my favorite mech in the game. Love this thing to bits.

5. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    Good classic build, despite the fact it is so hot that it could melt even your own monitor.

I ran a similar build with better speed but worse heat management. I would definetively try to boat "moar" heatsinks but with a smaller engine

Gun Tuv likes this.
  6. ArandomSTD

ArandomSTD New Member

5/5,
    This is the best laser vomit clan mech in the game!

HOT AS FUCK
    HOT HOT HOT HOT

With the cbill release of the MAD2c out now, I figured I'd show off my better optimised build.

You must not shave your head armor. Headshots will happen I guarantee it, so having it max might save you from that ppc gauss stuff that is going around. Good pilots will land it no doubt.

The LPL in the ct is RAWESOME, piloting a MAD2c you are definitely going to lose a side torso before dieing if you are twisting (hopefully) well. If you lose the right torso you still have 2 LPLs and 3 ERMEDS, but it is damn hot :). Losing the left torso (which good players aim for) leaves you with a LPL and 3 ERMEDS which is cool, with the tracking computer 2 intact as well. Strong for being half a mech.

The 4 arm mounted ERMED lasers are a no brainer, if you have good aim. It is always great to be able to shoot light mechs, uavs, just general pinpoint accuracy.

Firing groups!

1 : 2 LPL
    2 : 6 ERMEDS
    3 : 4 ERMEDS(ARMS)

Bigger engine is huge too, as an assault the speed will help you keep up with the rest of team and/or even push. Yes it is very hot but the alpha is insane, you can pop two off, cool off and fire the dual LPLs with your arm mounted ERMEDS and secure kills.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

8. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

5/5,
    Hot, hot HOT! But kicks any other laser vomit mech's butt and keeps kicking them on the ground. Brutal.

9. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Well-Known Member

5/5,
    Confirming this is still a Good Thing. Running XL375 w/ 2xLPL,6ERML,TC2 and 28 DHS. Toasty as the proverbial but so quick and pokey!

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

This is nice. I'm going to try it out on my new S Variant. I made some minor changes myself, mostly to add AMS. I was also left with an extra 1/2 ton and slots in the arms, so instead of bumping up the leg armor or adding more AMS ammo, I just threw in a LcAP to make some extra money in the field:

(Later)
    Here's a great 700 score match (me playing) with this build:
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/466986477

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  11. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast