MLX-P "Lightning Mist" (1x cERPPC, cECM)
4.8/5,

10 ratings

Discussion in 'Myst Lynx Builds' started by Solahma, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Soy

Soy Legendary Member

Waiting to see Mist Lynx quirk pass... or better yet - if they do perhaps unlock that stupid cAP (or maybe unlock max JJs)... until then I won't run this build or something like it. And I've really wanted to.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  2. Durandal

Durandal Legendary Member

According to Russ on Twitter, unlocks for the MLX cAP and the Adder Flamer are coming

Kaonicping and Solahma like this.
  3. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

calling it now, Adder Flamer OP AF.

4. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

I'm not happy with my HBR/HBR/SCR/SCR CW drop, missing my HBR/TBR/TBR and ....what, a paper weight of some kind.
    Having just dropped a butt ton on the additional HBR setup, when I get back on top, I'll buy a lynx and give this setup a try.
    built in clan probe? interesting, better than a flamer!

5. That Dawg

That Dawg Well-Known Member

....just great.......

I bought one..and didn't read the article...so, bought the prime...then bought the pods...
    Not a big deal really, but..I just bought seismics...three more for a total of 4 and two more modules for MPL range..so I'm busted broke NOW
    I got this bent idea I'll run dire/warhawk/kit/myst in CW tonight
    these are pissant little things I've dealt with, flying around, annoying the flip out of me..so, now. I are one.

6. WhoopieMonster

WhoopieMonster Advanced Member

Very cool build, having a blast with it. Suits the new river city map very well with all those tall buildings to snipe from.

[​IMG]

Not elite'd, no modules and no consumables.

Solahma likes this.
  7. Briz

Briz Junior Member

This build is the wrong reaction to MLX's inherent weaknesses.
    Abysmal DPS, DPH and Heat Management makes you a complete non issue for the enemy, sure after ten minutes of continuous fire and with perfect aim you can maybe rack 1K damage... and??
    33% of it is splash damage that only matters in stats.
    Now let's look at the remaining 666 damage: how much damage you think you'd have done with 2 PPCs? That's right twice as much and in any match time is also a finite resource, you don't spend 10 minutes firing to do 600 dmg if you can do the same in 5 minutes.

MLX has a maximum of 4 energy hardpoints and 6.5 tons of podspace, for god's sake use them maximising an already meagre damage potential.
    cSPL is the best fit for MLX becuase it gives you a sub par but resonable alpha and decent DPS while fitting comfortably in MLX's pod space * hard point count.

Only use this build if you can't have anything else in your CW drop adn only if you can't field a 4 cSPL MLX or the terrain doesn't favour it.

8. Briz

Briz Junior Member

3/5,
    Meh build at best.

9. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

All they need is to sllow removal of the cAP and this mech would be much better.
    The thing is, I am sorry to say but ECM should be installed, but by doing so you have only 1 weapon arm, which sucks. I would suggest using that on a cERLL instead if you don't like this build.

10. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

You seem rather upset. This build is min/max'd, sure, a single cERPPC might not be the "best" loadout for the mech, but it certainly has a role. SPL would work, yeh, but then again ANY other light would still tear it to shreads within that range, so why not play it safe where you can contribute from range? All that extra DPS (~2.8 more DPS than the ERPPC build) is wasted if you can't survive more than a minute in combat because you're STILL out-classed by everything else on the battlefield It has more JJ than any of the other clan lights so it's really good at getting a shot of from any situation. It's a great choice for squeezing an extra 5 tons into a CW deck by using at your first mech to scout and harass.

How much more damage would this mech do with 2 PPCs? no more damage, because A) it can't fit two B) it reaches heat-cap before having a second PPC would even do anything. The sustained DPS with 1 vs 2 ERPPC is the same. You are still going to hit that heat cap UNLESS you have PLENTY of DHS, at least 18.

I don't get your point. Assuming you could even fit 2 ERPPC on the mech (which you can't) it's damage output would be the same because it's HEAT CAP'D.

You know how on a computer, you'll often have a bottleneck somewhere in your hardware. Either you CPU or your GPU holds you back, it's a constant struggle. Well in this case, it's DHS prevents you from being able to output any more damage. You could have 4 ERPPC on the mech and your output would remain the same as long as your DHS remained the same.

See picture highlighting identical Sustained DPS.

[​IMG]

Briz likes this.
  11. Briz

Briz Junior Member

First of all I am not upset, I just see people still being influenced by MLX's inital state. When MLX was deployed it had terrible hitboxes, since then it had a hit box pass and sizeable structural quirking all in all it's a mech that can take beating now and it deserves a new opinion.

In regard to your 1st point: Lights are about fighting heavier mechs than themselves, so while being the best light around can be useful when two lights meet in the battlefield it is not the main issue, the main issue is what you do when you find an enemy assault, yet if you find an enemy light you are chances are much better on a short range build than on an sniper build.

Which brings me to my second point, I didn't suggest people to take a 2xPPC MLX, I was trying to suggest that if people are going to PPC snipe they should take a mech that is able to take TWO PPCs, at just 10 extra tons you got Adders that can very comfortably and effectively bear twice as much long range firepower which is my point, sniping with a MLX is waste of your player time: you can snipe twice as much in a lot of other mechs.

So what to do with MLX?? Not much really it's a pretty bad mech but if you load up on cSPL and compare that to Adders for example suddenly the comparison isn't so bad as "half as good"

MLX offers:
    Comparable firepower to 5xcMPL
    Slightly faster
    Very Jumpy.

Not the best mech certainly, but it has its advantages over ADR.

That was the spirit of my post, a 1xERPPC MLX is just a waste of a mech spot unless you can't fit an ADR in CW. On the other hand 4xcSPL does stuff Adders can't do.

Edit: Sorry for double posting. I didn't realize I was "double posting" when rating the build.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  12. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

Adder is ~20kph slower and can't jump, not really a direct replacement for an ERPPC platform ;) MLX is more versitile for the task because of its mobility. Maximum possible damage output is not what makes a mech good/bad.

Someone could simply be leveling their MLX and want something that plays differently.

I understand what you are trying to say that "Lights are about fighting heavier mechs than themselves" however that's simply not true. Sure, that is their objective whenever possible, but you still have to compete with enemy lights on the battlefield. Anything else will either kill or scare off a MLX (usually kill). Just like what usually happens with a locust on the battlefield. It doesn't go for other lights, but it will still get hunted and destroyed by them in most circumstances.

An accurate ERPPC shot from distance, free damage most of the time, does help the team. It softens mechs until a bigger fight breaks out. It causes confusion and can force bad positioning. There are a lot of mind-games involved with any ranged light mech.

Damage output isn't everything with a mech and its build.

13. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

There aren't any quirks for the right and left torsos anymore.

14. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

15. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

5/5,
    Still a fun build to be running around Polar Highlands being the last person with 900 damage!

16. Emberdrake

Emberdrake Active Member

Oh. The hero mech? Right torso mounted energy with two slots. I see higher mounted PPC Lynx's coming!