#MWO Announce Project Phoenix Loyaly Bonus and Variants list!

Thread in 'Official 'Mech News' started by Michael, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

ORIGINAL POST

This is actually a nice little treat; moar colours for you colour-whores to play with and you get them freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee if you purchased any of the Project Phoenix packages!

Phoenix Grey
    Phoenix Black
    Phoenix Red

If they sell more of the packages we will unlock a hanging thingy with your package icon

If they sell even MORE of the packages we will unlock the special FLAME pattern which can be applied to (and only to) all Project Phoenix Standard Production variants.

They also have the official list of variants that are coming out... I know Alyek posted them but I am consolidating them here as many people actually come here for news rather than the official forums and we gots to keep you people in the know!!!!

[​IMG]

[img width=700 height=466]https://static.mwomercs.com/img/phoenix/popups/shadowhawk.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=466]https://static.mwomercs.com/img/phoenix/popups/thunderbolt.jpg[/img]

[img width=700 height=466]https://static.mwomercs.com/img/phoenix/popups/battlemaster.jpg[/img]

2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

That paint does look sexy! :D

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Advanced Member

looks best on the locust for sure

4. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

So, why was this not on kickstarter? this is basicly what it has become. I love that; and I hope they continue to do more stuff for the purchase price.

5. Tsume Eiranis

Tsume Eiranis Well-Known Member

So, Standard Variants are uncovered... what does this mean?

Locust:
    3M = 5 Energy Hardpoints
    3S = Ballistics replaced with Missiles and 1 Energy Hardpoint... might have 2 or maybe even 4 Missile Hardpoints... SRM2s might see some love there if only to get the best out of the Hardpoints

Shadow Hawk:
    2D2 = Another Missile HP and another Energy Hardpoint... should bring the total to: 3 Ballistics, 4 Missiles, 2 Energy
    5M = UAC5, LRM 20, Streak and MLas... might get a few more hardpoints too, but not much different from the original chassis, but with Endo and DHS

Thunderbolt:
    5SS = PPC, 3 MLas, 1 SRM6 and a Flamer. Seems like the Ballistics will be replaced with that PPC Energy HP, maybe 1 missile slot less
    9SE = LRM 10, LPLas, MLas and change of the missile HP to the other torso... seems like the 5SE to me, no ballistics

Battlemaster:
    1D = No SRM Launcher and 2 Energy HP less... seems more economic for those who want less weapons with more of a punch/focus
    1S = 1 PPC removed, 1 SRM6 removed, put in 4 more missile weapons, combo of LRMs and SRMs... looks like it trades 1 Energy HP in for 3 extra Missile Hardpoints.

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

If you blow up the images that I posted in this thread it will tell you what the CBILL version of these mechs will be.

LCT-1V
    LCT-3M
    LCT-3S

SHD-2H
    SHD-2D2
    SHD-5M

TDR-5S
    TDR-5SS
    TDR-9SE

BLR-1D
    BLR-1G
    BLR-1S

7. Tsume Eiranis

I know Michael, I tried to translate those into MWO specs from Sarna, hence the loadout comparisons

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... well... I got nothing.

9. Tsume Eiranis

I think my post is just moonspeak then, as I think it is pretty obvious how I guesstimated the loadout of each chassis :p

10. Xene

Xene New Member

I was hoping for the lct-5t and the lct-6m. I knew for a fact the 6m wasn't going to happen because stock the thing went over 200 kph and it could use masc to move over 300 kph. Talk about an HSR lag shield. The 5t would have been kinda neat, 20 ton mech with six machine guns. Might not have been able to kill anything, but think of the high speed dakka. A possible four missile hard points on the 3s could be tons of fun, well at least two or three tons of fun.

11. enileph

enileph Star Lord

6M does not exist until 3067 due to the small cockpit it has.
    I am wishing for a 5w2. ECM equals love. That and being around in 3050 helps.

Also the reason why I wish for Thunderbolt 7SE, ECM. We really need some options for ECM Heavy Mechs.
    I am happy with the JJ in 9SE though, yay!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast