#MWO Now Offers Clan Mechs "à La Carte"

Thread in 'Official 'Mech News' started by Aylek, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Source: PGI

2. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Lol I was just about to post this. Looks like they do listen to us.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

so $500 now gets you all clan mechs + Gold scheme.

Is there a link to these new options? not seeing it on their "MWO: Clans" page...

EDIT

4. e92

e92 Benefactor

Sorry but its still a cash grab for vapor ware to be delivered 6 months later.

"We're listening" just translates to "we weren't getting paid".

Reasonable price for any game was long established by MMOs with monthly content updates. $15/month should buy you a lot of entertainment. That is my personal limit.

5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

6. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

This is something we all were saying they should have done, a long time ago.

Kudos to them for finally getting a clue about some of the reasons for backlash.

Very glad they were willing to come down off the ceiling so to speak, regarding this marketing fiasco.

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

well, by your standards, 6 months of waiting, and 15 dollars a month, $90 isn't too far off for you.

Anyway, at least we have a choice of what we get now, instead of just paying for all of them.

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

If i can buy my beloved Mad Cat separately in a single Bundle, i might think about it, but i wait till the End of the Offer so to observate the development progress. Maybe they add some better packages in the next months before Clan Invasion, who knows? But damn, Mad Cat without any other Mechs, that i don't want, is really attractive ^_^

9. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

I second this.... though I hope the actual TimberWolf looks better (leaner) than the FatCat shown in the concept.

10. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

55$ per chassis... 50$ each if you take two, 45$ when taking 3 and so on. Ridiculous.

11. epikt

epikt Benefactor

What they don't say on their announce is that buying "à la carte" mechs is outrageously expensive.

12. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

lol, i'd like to just get the Kit Fox for $55 please. Thanks!

It's not THAT bad. Considering the average hero mech costs ~$30

You are paying $25 more for the extra 2 variants and the ability to drop early when the Invasion first starts. How I look at it anyway.

However, it makes ZERO sense to me that every mech is the same price... but whatever, at least you can get the mechs you want for a better price than the full package if you decide to take part in the Invasion from the beginning.

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, it*s sooooo cheap! $55 for a Chassis... i'd buy GTA V with that money. :cool:

14. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

but GTA:V is a horrible game...

I find being able to select the Kit Fox hilarious as it is already $30 by itself in the collection packages :rofl:

15. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I just noticed this myself. Interesting "bug"?

16. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

It is probably not a bug, because it is a deal if you get the full 6 mechs. the Kit Fox then becomes the same $30, but you get Premium time added as well...

So the Kit Fox is ONLY worth it if you get 6 mechs. Otherwise, pick out your other mechs and get the "Uller" package separately.

17. gorric

gorric Junior Member

I like lights and mediums. For me to get the two lights and two mediums before was $180 and I would get 90 days premium, 5 war horns, hanging items etc. And 6 prime and 12 standards. While the heavy and assault don't particularly interest me, I would probably level the chassis and then sell the standards, leaving 4 mech bays.

Now the new a large carte system, to get the two lights and two mediums cost $160 and get 30 days premium, 4 prime and 8 standard variants.

I fully understand why they do it, and that the mech individually should be worse value than in a package, but a light costing the same as an assault is bonkers. Something like light- $30, medium $35, heavy $40, assault $45 and then discount structure by volume would have been a better strategy, got more people onside and ended with more sales. They should have spent a bit more time thinking about the pricing, figured what people would pay.

Selling 10 units at $100 is not better than selling 10,000 at $80, if they need to sell at these prices to cover costs then the writing is on the wall for the game. I don't think the pricing is right, and I am their target audience. I like the game and have enough disposable income . I also think they posted it too early (we only just got Phoenix), I don't want to wait six months, a couple perhaps but not six. And there is no early bird bonus like with Phoenix so why not offer something like that, some game time and mech bays for example, or buy the top package before X date and get a current hero mech of your choosing. Something clever that essentially costs them nothing but would get them sales.

Sorry for the wall of text.

18. scromboid

scromboid Well-Known Member

Well at least PGI is starting to listen. They still don't get it though.

The packs are way too expensive, so their answer is to make it more expensive?

I do agree that this move is because they aren't selling as well as they expected.

I am still dubious about the future of this game. Also, I am still in the "Fuck PGI" camp.

19. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

20. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Well, technically it is worth getting the more expensive mechs only if you want to go this route?

Well, I am still not seeing things like early bird special. And there are no incentive for me to buy it now, I will wait until they add in the goodies.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast