[News] CW Phase 2

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Grantham Besat, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

How are you gentlemen !! I'll keep it short and sweet.

If it's in the game like that, I'm keen to come back and play.

And that's not good for you guys.

Cuz all of you will die. You have no chance to survive make your time.

The story goes something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fvTxv46ano

2. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Careful what you wish for Michael...

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

[​IMG]

4. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

Seriously though, if they put that shit in I dunno what else to say besides I'd actually play again. A lot. I'm not gonna get into the details, it's still not actually in the game. That's the best praise I can give it. I'm a reasonable man.

It'd be just like I envisioned with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXNUpOdNkaw

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Update:

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170878-community-warfare-phase-2-quick-update/

6. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Coincidentally I noticed a lot of 12 mans in the group queue last night in all IS mechs. o_O

7. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Interesting ideas concerning respawn and Dropship modes.

TLDR in second quote.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/170878-community-warfare-phase-2-quick-update/page__pid__3713502#entry3713502

I always liked the idea about longer battles and dropships, if it can be done and still preserve good gameplay.

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

My head hurts reading that; is there a TLDR?

9. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

TLDR -

PGI will select planets to be battled over.

Each invasion of a planet will take a few days and the overall result will be determined by all the battles in its defence.

CW will have a dedicated map with an invasion mode including barriers to take down and defences.

CW will be IS vs Clan faction and each can only use their respective mechs. They will be bringing in IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan.

They're looking at Dropships to allow respawning but numbers will be limited - originally you could only bring in a replacement mech when the barriers were destroyed as "reinforcements".

Each person will have a "drop deck" of 4 mechs (one each weight class).

Solo, small group and 12 man participatable.

10. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Thx Remarius, stealing that summary.

11. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Wait, so if I opt in to th CW I would be stuck with only some of my mech the whole fucking time?

Can I still pay "casual" like what we do now and use any map available?
    IF not then FUCK CW!

I want to be able to use all my mech, that is what I have them for.

I don't mind only being able to sue some mech in certain game mode, but it is CRITICAL that I can sue my mech with I am not feeling like doing planet CW crap.

12. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

The restrictions ONLY affect CW battles.

You can use ALL mechs outside it.

13. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Easy Enileph, different game modes. There will always be our current free for all chaos matches, that's been stated. Even if you opt into a faction you will just get a offer to drop in defense of a world. Assaults have to be started by 12 man drops.

14. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

And therein lies one of my problems with CW. You send in a 12 man against the defenders and they respond initially with whichever 12 man (or unit?) has already won the defence contract. Anyone that doesn't accept within 2 minutes (and remember timing is essentially in the hand of the attacker) becomes an open slot to be filled by "Faction Defenders" aka anyone that has opted in but isn't in the contract winning unit. The attacker would seem to have the advantage of (unless someone wanders off) a full preset company whereas the defender can potentially include random opted in players. That said if my reading is right then the defender gets an advantage from the map.

Note the above is all my reading into CW stage 2 and supposition based on that so don't go into a frenzy as I could be wrong.... just trying to grapple with CW. :D

15. Dr. Danger

Dr. Danger Advanced Member

I come to basically the same conclusions, but I am still unsure if Faction is only Inner Sphere and Clans, or if your House(Davion, Steiner, Liao...) or Clan (Wolf, Fried Falcon, Gummibears...) affiliation is the relevant factor.

Furthermore, when IS player, can you only use variants or chassis available to your corresponding House in the fluff (no Catapult for Davions, Cataphracts only for Liao, etc.)?

I don't want to start a panic, I'm just wondering.

16. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Yeah, I saw the same thing. We must train our entire faction now! ;)

Jokes aside, it's a real concern. As a contract holder, best be ready. Wonder if groups can opt into the general slots?

Faction is house or clan. You will defend as Davion, FRR or Kuritas against Clan Ghost Bear or what not.

Yes, you can only use mechs allowed in the fluff. Those lists are still very large though and will change as timeline progress. MWO may also have a slightly modded version. Read my huge post further up this page for more on seasons, possible swap between factions and possible map resets.

17. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

Just when I finally (seriously what took so long?) completely lose hope for MWO and PGI... this happens. All I can say is I sincerely hope this works out. I'm not holding my breath.

18. Midnite7175

Midnite7175 Advanced Member

As stated in Phase II certain Planets are contested by certain factions. If clan X attacks Planet Y then only the faction holding Y at this moment is available, dunno how mercs and loners will work though.

19. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Lan,

Took me a while to find it but for mech selection:

As Midnite7175 said if its a House Davion planet being attacked then House Kuritan pilots can't join in the defence but those House Davion pilots can use any Inner Sphere mech to defend again the attacker.

20. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Yeah I'm presuming that Mercs and Loners can join any defence but thats a pure guess.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast