Oct 23rd is NEW Mech Day! How do you think it'll go?

Thread in 'MechWarrior Online' started by Jacob Ling, Oct 15, 2012.

How do you think the Cicada release will go?

1. think it will be amazing. Jenners bigger brother

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. think it will be a total belly flop with bugs

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. hey will push it back to October 30th!

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

So October 23rd is NEW Mech Day!!! Yaaaay!!!

How do you guys think it will go?

2. StandingCow

StandingCow New Member

Much like when they add any new mech... it will be Cicada madness! :)

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

It was delayed by a week but I've mined the data from the forums and posted in the NEWS section as well as on the calendar for the 23rd with what I think will be coming in the patch.

4. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Boooooooooooo, no patch day today! Next week!

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Yes Jacob, this was posted hours before they announced that the patch would be withheld. You tried your best though!!!^_^

I'll change up the poll/post a bit to reflect next week. If you would like to see what is going to go in to the patch (potentially) please see THIS POST HERE

6. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Thanks for the corrections Michael.

I should have been more non-specific with the dates but I was just damn excited at the thought of the Cicada and all the new features coming. I just really wish they would fix the grainy issues.

7. AntiSqueaker

AntiSqueaker New Member

I think the Cicada will be pretty cool. Not my type of mech, but it looks like it will perform its job admirably.

On a side note; the Cicada might be "OP" matchmaking wise, if you think about it. The Cicada is a Medium, so if you are using Ciacadas as your only scouts, and have no Light Mechs, there is a distinct possibility that the enemy team would have no scout mechs, since those slots might be filled with Hunchies and Cents.

8. Ravendreams

Ravendreams New Member

I think its going to be pushed back until the 30th, maybe even later. Just a little bit of a hunch you could say.

9. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

If they push it back 2 cycles I can already tell you what public opinion will be... I can see the flaming torches and pitch forks now and people chanting about how the devs have lost credit as a developer team etc. etc.

10. Ravendreams

Ravendreams New Member

I fully understand what your saying and I do agree as well. Just putting it out there that I have a hunch it will be pushed back, can't go into it here why I think that though.

11. AntiSqueaker

AntiSqueaker New Member

I think it wouldn't be too bad, as long as we get Endo-Steel, Ferro-Fibrous, and Double Heat Sinks.

I want them. I want them so badly.

12. StandingCow

StandingCow New Member

They really need to focus on adding mediums... there should be more mediums on the battlefield than anything else.

13. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I think they need to focus on adding Marauders. There needs to be more Marauders!

14. Bilbo

Bilbo Junior Member

Another assault would be ideal.

15. Barantor

Barantor New Member

Bilbo always wants more assaults :p. It will be good to see more mediums though.

16. Bilbo

Bilbo Junior Member

True...True.:wink:

17. Durant Carlyle

Durant Carlyle Star Lord

This I agree with, wholeheartedly. The Marauder is one of the few 'Mechs that might get me out of my Jenner.

18. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

So is it too late to change my vote?!?!?!?

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast