ON1-IIC-C "Death Rain" (2x cMPL, 2x cUAC5, 3x cLRM10, cAP, cXL300)

Thread in 'ON1-IIC-C' started by Tarriss Halcyon, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Tarriss Halcyon

Tarriss Halcyon Active Member

This is the build that, back in the Origins Leaderboard event, got me up to the top 25 highest players. As shown in the Orion IIC 1000+ damage club, this is also a build that pulled off a 1350 damage game for me while basic'ed. I don't share my builds often, mostly out of shame, but since there's only one other LRM IIC-C build on here, I thought I'd post my take.

Entire thing here is trying to keep the rain falling as long as possible, with the two UAC5s there for good direct firepower at almost all ranges. The MPLs are mostly there to help fend off close-range targets with the UAC5s, and obviously help tear open close-in crit targets.

Personal weapon groupings:
    1. UAC5s
    2. MPLs
    3. LRMs

2. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

Looks good, although if you downgrade the mplas to mlas you could probably run a 320 or 325 with a noticeable increase in max speed.

Also I think a TC1 might better than a cAP.

Lastly artemis is an option, although I couldn't really fit it cleanly without compromising the posted build in one way or another. Do you find that you shoot from cover or direct line of sight more frequently?

The artemis option would involve removing 1 DHS, the cAP and downgrading the lasers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  3. Tarriss Halcyon

Tarriss Halcyon Active Member

To be totally honest... I haven't played this mech since I finished Basic tier in it, so I don't entirely remember. My personal playstyle, though, would tell me that the answer to direct vs. indirect is entirely down to the circumstances. I do a lot of both forms of combat, and I can remember in the 1350 damage match, I did both at separate points in the match.

Downgrading the lasers to ERML from the MPLs for speed is an interesting decision. I don't normally consider speed high on the priorities of an LRM Carrier, though.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast