ON1-K Derp-A-Derp (1x AC20, 2x SRM6, 4x MLas, AMS, STD280)

Discussion in 'ON1-K' started by IanSane, Sep 10, 2013.

1. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

I can't believe I am going to say this but I think I will give this mech another go...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trakas

Trakas New Member

love it, and i just happen to have a 280 sitting around from one of my cataphracts

3. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Speaks for itself...a money making machine. Oh and the near 1k damage was nice too...too bad we still lost.

[​IMG]

4. Jammerben87

Jammerben87 New Member

Pretty much exactly what I'm planning on building when I get my hands on one.

5. Goregrimm

Goregrimm New Member

This is my exact build. I can see it being my favorite mech after I finish leveling the chassis. It is a vicious brawler.

6. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

hehehe what does it take to get a 5 star build when 900+ damage 4 kills and 5 assists and 230K C-bills isn't enough lol

7. Red Line Pilot

Red Line Pilot Active Member

I tried almost that very same set up. Only difference was my lack of AMS. I "kinda" liked it, but it still was too slow and hot for me.

This is what i'll try next:

Compared to your build:
    - No AMS
    - Slightly less armor
    - One more ton of AC20 ammo
    - One more DHS
    - 290 STD instead of 280
    - 10 SRM(6+4) instead of 12(6+6). This gave me that last slot for one more DHS.

I guess you need to keep an ECM dude with you to make up for the lack of AMS.

8. IanSane

IanSane Advanced Member

Yep its a great build STILL trying to figure out why the hell someone rated it so low I REALLY wish people would think before they rate. A proven winner and money maker does NOT rate 3 stars

9. DCWarHound

DCWarHound New Member

Hi all

Been running this build for a while averaging 500-700dmg per game.It's a bit squishy so it needs to stay in the group and deal a large amount of damage when your assaults decide to engage.It runs a little hot but it's a small trade off for a 64dmg alpha.Built below:

Any improvements i can make?

Edit:Link to build:

10. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Merged DCWarhound's build with the OP as it was essentially a variant/tweak with the same weapons loadout but a different engine size.

11. DCWarHound

DCWarHound New Member

Sorry about that,didn't notice.

I was actually a bit scared when i checked this section again and saw my thread was missing :rofl:

12. Shorvok

Shorvok New Member

I like the way this build plays, but overall I dislike the SRM's heat generation for how little damage they do.

This build gets very hot very fast if you're not careful, but it will shred larger mechs.

13. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict