1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

SHC-P "Mangler" (1xcLPL, 2xcSRM6+A, 5xcMG)
5/5,

2 ratings

Discussion in 'Shadow Cat Builds' started by Excalibaard, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard ComStar - First Circuit Staff Member

Use the SRM6s and LPL to open up components, then finish them off with the power of MG crits.

Update: Removing 1 MG made it easier to have enough ammo for all weapons, AND artemis for the 6's, without skimping too much armor!

Newest Build:

Original Build:

While this forgoes the powerful ECM, the finishing power of 6 MGs is not to be underestimated. If you really miss it, it's very easy to replace that component with the -B LT, ECM and spend 0.75 t elsewhere. This is my version with ECM:

https://www.mechspecs.com/threads/shc-p-wrangler-1x-clpl-2x-csrm6-a-3x-cmg-ecm.11085/

Also, I've considered adding cAP, since there is no ECM the counter function can be very useful and it improves target info speed which is crucial for a finisher mech like this. You can swap the 4th ton of SRM ammo for cAP and I advise trying it out.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
    Joe Bopper likes this.
  2. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

THX this build could be brutal. I will test it !

3. Excalibaard

Thanks, looking forward to a video (and make sure to try the ECM and Artemis variant as well :) )

4. SkiDog

SkiDog Moderator Staff Member

sorry to chime in here, but what are you guys thoughts on this chassis? I am eyeing it.

5. Joe Bopper

Joe Bopper Well-Known Member

This build looks nasty. Straight up nasty. In a good way. Will definitely be trying this soon, can't believe I missed it previously until now.

6. krevLL

krevLL Well-Known Member

@SkiDog personally I like the ECM & 3xcSRM6+AIV builds, so good for backstabbing. I like the chassis a lot, and I play around with different ideas on a daily basis with these while I work through eliting them. 3xUAC2 is light on armor but it's funny to play with macros, nonetheless.

On topic, I need to try this. I haven't run a SHC without ECM before and this seems like a good way to start.

7. Joe Bopper

In-game it doesn't say anywhere that CAP counters ECM. Only BAP says that it counters ECM in the description. Pls help

8. krevLL

krevLL Well-Known Member

No, cAP performs the exact same functions as BAP, it's just the clan equivalent. I run cAP on anything with streaks for that reason.

9. Joe Bopper

Ok, thanks.

10. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Advanced Member

5/5,
    Funny and very different build.
    I would prefer to sacrifice some ammo and run with artemis, but that's my thought

11. krevLL

krevLL Well-Known Member

Drop the LPL to an MPL, add AIV to your SRM's.

Gonna try it tomorrow, my 6MG build's been running with a PPC and MPL so far. Not sure why I never considered the wreckage of 2 SRM6s coupled with MG's. If you avoid the lasers you get over 2.0 heat efficiency, provided I did my math right.

12. Excalibaard

I urge everyone who likes artemis to also check out the alternative build "Wrangler" (mentioned in OP)! It drops 3 MGs for the ECM torso and with that has enough tonnage for Artemis and LPL :)

UPDATE: This build now also includes artemis.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  13. krevLL

krevLL Well-Known Member

5/5,
    Still using the modified build with a Medium laser + AIV, but this build wrecks some serious shit in the Tuk3 event, especially when defending Seige mode. 6xMG's vs cored (thanks to SRMA6's) IS mechs'? It's a steady stream of sadness and tears hugging your engine!

What's gonna happen with a 6xHMG build? Looking forward to it. (Not sure if tonnage changes between MG variants.)

14. Excalibaard

I've swapped the LPL for an ERPPC for extra burst, and have been seriously liking it so far! :)
    The skill tree also made it easier to equip nough ammo with the magazine capacity nodes, so you can run artemis, 6 MG and a big weapon.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017