SHD-2D2 Lighthunter (2x LLas, 4x SSRM2, BAP, AMS, 2x JJ, XL300)

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by Aylek, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

What I did to it. Finally found a perfect resting place for my XL325 engine with sufficient cooling.
    Every possible crit/equip slot filled to the absolute maximum. 1 ton less of SSRM ammo but 2 large lasers are sufficient firepower to end the match (granted you don't lose your arms halfway due to careless rabbit chasing into enemy teams).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. blighty

blighty New Member

Thats my build above with a lighter engine... Like exactly the same. But yeah, drop the engine down and put in as many heatsinks as you like. Very original.

[​IMG]

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Here's a nice variant of the original build. It looses some range and damage, but the Streaks are locking faster thanks to TAG and the LPL offers quite some punch. It's also faster the build in the OP.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  4. Merciless Hunter

Merciless Hunter Junior Member

Well, heres a build i came up with for shadowhawk 2d2, and I'm loving it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  5. Excalibaard

Welcome to the forums, but please read the FAQ as well ;)

it's a waste not to equip at least one jumpjet.

6. Merciless Hunter

Merciless Hunter Junior Member

oops, forgot to put my jumpjet in the build
    ill fix that and the title

7. Phelantau

Phelantau New Member

This build is a beast. There aren't words to describe how much I love it. I prefer the faster 325 engine build, and I don't have as much problem with heat since I almost always use chainfire unless it is the very beginning of the match or I have the perfect shot lined up that guarantees all hits.

8. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

I still rock the common XL320 in this, but, even in PUGs where I don't have the responsibility of hunting lights and guarding assaults, this thing rocks. I brought it back out this weekend and that LLas punch at range and 4xStreak for brawling is just freakin' brutal. Shake and bake!

I left my usual costly strike modules and just took Seismic, Sensor Range and Target Gathering. With BAP, I could fire off a salvo of SSRMs and have info on a mech quick enough to either score a kill or disarm enemies with my second LLas burst. It's just a beaut!

9. Excalibaard

I've seen XL340 variants of this build, but none of them very interesting, until I came up with this adaptation.

An extra DHS or 2 gives you much more opportunities to use your large lasers and is in the end more useful than more streak ammo in my opinion. Most lights will stay the F away from your when they see you have 4 streaks anyway, so large laser range comes in handy.

The SSRMs when chainfired still don't run out that fast if you're somewhat careful about your shots (make sure they don't fly into terrain and stuff) and as chattahah said, they're excellent for brawling with heavier mechs as well!

I will run this for a few, see how much the speed difference matters. Torsotwist speed is not applicable because the torso weapons are homing and the other weapons are on arms, so even if it was slower you'd have a lot more control over your defendable angles over most mechs.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  10. e92

e92 Benefactor

I...am...astounded.

I just blew away my previous record for total damage in a 5 game interval in any mech. Not even close.

Code:
    Mode    Damage    Kills    Assists    MatchScore    Death    Result    Map        Mechs
    c    915    6    3    124    #1        W    canyon        12-5
    c    1123    1    5    125    #1    x    L    canyon        8-9
    c    637    1    8     78    #2    x    L    tourmaline    10-8
    c    832    1    6    114    #1        W    frozen night    11-0
    c    805    0    7     95    #1    x    L    river night    9-10
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total    4312    9                3    2-3
    Avg    862.4

My previous high? 3743=748.6 in my CTF3D. I went 23-1 in those games though. Spread damage is weak :/ These are not rolling averages either. My book-keeping is too stupid to do a rolling average. Its just every 5 games I sum it up.

[​IMG]

I use the 295 in mine because I don't have a 300. There are some games the ammo is useless, but any good game I generally shoot ~300-350 shots. I tend to brawl with just holding down the missile group-fire button. The lasers are for range, engaging, getting up to temperature and finishing.

I've been playing this loadout since I bought a 2D2 (except ~3 games in the 4xLRM5 build), total at 52 games. Still haven't unlocked the 3rd module slot.

Thanks for the inspiration.

edit: Fixed the build, it was missing the 2 LLas

11. e92

e92 Benefactor

[​IMG]

Also the 2nd 1000+ in a row and 3rd in the last 6!

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Excalibaard

Merged a whole lot of duplicate threads, the discussion may have become inconsistent.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast