SHD-2D2 "Lurmageddon" (2x LRM10, 2x LRM5, 1x MLas, Tag, 1x JJ, XL280)

Thread in 'SHD-2D2' started by johnluke, Mar 20, 2014.

1. johnluke

johnluke New Member

With the LRM speed increase, this guy now rules. I've broken a thousand maybe 5 times since the patch. When it comes to lurms, longevity is EVERYTHING. I've shot through my 11 tons of ammo 2 or 3 times already. I might add more.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

With the little image button in the editor.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Ugh! Don't join the bandwagon! Yes, this build is well put together and yes, it will net big damage scores. However, this is simply taking advantage of an overly powerful buff to LRMs. I will wait until the weapons are ballanced before rating this build as I would usually tend to say that there is too much ammo and not enough backup for a Medium mech. However, if PGI decides to keep the current rules in effect, this is probably the most effective build for any Shadowhawk and worth of 5-stars. (regardless of skill required to play it)

Don't give into thinking that an effective build is a good build. Current meta be damned.

4. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Drop Tag for the second MLas to have a bit better Defense Firepower. With all the Narcs sticking around, it should be ok. I even downgrade the Engine to add in some more Heatsinks and BAP:

5. johnluke

johnluke New Member

Blagg, my only problem with dropping tag is that lrms are my primary weapon. If it gets to medium laser range im already basically dead. Also, 1620 lrms is not nearly enough. 1980 isnt enough if you play right.

6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

well, as said, if you have teammates who keep locks for you or even someone who can NARC your targets, you won't use the TAG very often. I use TAG myself for my Missile Boats, but most times i shoot over hills/buildings/obstacles and not really have direct visual contact, what you need for Tag. So imo a second MLas is better for the case you get attacked close range, e.g. by some Lights, or if you run out of Ammo. 1620 Missiles are ok for a Medium with LRM30 for 80% of your games. Most times you won't run dry. Believe me, i played the CPLT-C1 as my first Mech and i ran 1620 Missiles myself with LRM30. If you had LRM40 or more, than you indeed need more missiles.

7. TheWatchman

TheWatchman Dispossessed

Support your fellow LURMers, whilst keeping an eye out for any pesky Lights. Once the LURMage ceases, switch to Light Hunter/Harasser mode.

8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Full boat version.
    Good scores will come when the LRMs actually kick in, the MLAS is redundant since alone it's worth so few ;)
    With this you can easily break 1000 and don't worry too much about picking shots.

But real advantage of a medium boat is speed, I would run XL300 over all those :

Still enough rockets to break 1000 easily.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast