SMN-C Quirk-Lo-Bang (1xcUAC20, 2xcERML, 1xcSSRM4)

Thread in 'Summoner Omni Builds' started by Fherot, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

The last time I looked at the Summoner was when they first came out and sucked. No quirks, no pod space, fixed JJ, horrible hardpoint placement.

However I still loved them as the Hellbringer and especially Summoner (Thor) are my favorite clan mechs.

I recently returned to MWO and discovered the incredible quirks the Summoners got, including the infamos -C variant (Mechwarrior Horse's personal favorite, if read books...). -30% UAC jam chance! -20% ballistic cooldown! The 8-Pc bonus is incredible! This is the mech I was terrified of running into in MW3 campaign when the Summoner-C leaps out of underground facility and UAC20's your face off.

This is how I would maximize the armor and ammunition. Rely on that gun arm specifically to rack up incredible damage and hardly ever jam. Use your excellent mobility and jump jets (don't bother speccing into speed tweak or JJ in skills though) to dance around the battlefield.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    WolfeRayet likes this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

hmm, I'd probably run a regular SRM over a streak, because the lock-on is kinda awkward while leading with your UAC 20 (and streak srms weigh a lot more). Still, didn't know the summoner got such nice quirks now! Definitely something to look at for the future, and this looks like a nice build to do just that :)

3. WolfeRayet

WolfeRayet New Member

I love the summoner but disappointed with how relatively bad it performs.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised with how well this build worked with no skills. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. I ran the same loadout but I used a single srm instead.

I think my reaction speaks for itself, minus the typo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast