Snowfall Sale Questions

Discussion in 'Feedback on Sales, Patches, Promotions' started by Cpt Chattahah, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Legendary Member

Alright, new week, new sale.

35% off Adders, Locusts, Jenners, Cicadas, Centurions, Nova, Dragons, Cataphracts, Mad Dogs, Awesomes, Atlas, and Warhawks.

The only ones I don't have mastered are Adders, Dragons, Mad Dogs, Atlas, and Warhawks...

Adders, no. I already have much better Clan lights. I've tried Dragons and wasn't impressed. I've heard lots of bad feedback on the Warhawk, as well.

This leaves the Mad Dog and Atlas. I have the Loyalty Atlas, but I'm not much for slow mechs.

So, question is, is the Mad Dog with it? It looks like everything a Summoner should have been - sans Jump Jets. Decent room for missile and energy, two possible ballistic slots, good SRM brawler on the -A platform. But on the battle field, they seem quite easy to dispatch.

What are you guys opinions? Mad Dog worth it? Atlases are obvious tanks, but getting lower and lower on the meta list as maps get bigger and technology advances. Should I just save my 40m C-Bills for the next sale?

Help me out, brothers!

2. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

MDD is good for either LRM boat or SRM/Streak boat.
    If you want loads of missiles then it is good. If you want to do ANYTHING other than missiles, get another mech.
    One of the few things that would kill you before you get to yell WTF with a string of missile stream.

Well, with the Orion out I would say use MDD as the SRM/streak. It is good for that, but don't do things like ballistic or even energy (unless as backup/tag) it is a waste of time.

Cpt Chattahah likes this.
  3. Cpt Chattahah

Thanks for the insight. They look pretty "meh" with the tonnage and hard points and it's been pretty easy to take down in combat. I think I'll stick with my current garage. It's very well stocked already! :D

4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Good side is that since you don't use the arms you get 28 tons free to do whatever, which is quite a bit by clan standards, and comes with 2 DHS.
    If you want missiles with a bit of energy backup even there is enough space and weight to play with. And yes, 6 missile hardpoints.

You end up with 6x SRM6+A with some energy support, or something like this:

But not much variation apart from it.

5. Cpt Chattahah

I can already run 5x cSSRM6 with JJ on a Summoner. I doubt an MDD's hitboxes are that much better to benefit me. I'm quite reliant on and skilled with my jets.

Plus, boating Streak6's just feels like a cheat button. Lol.

SkiDog and enileph like this.
  6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I'm a BIG fan of the Atlas. It's tough to play, and tough to kill. If you want a challenge, get the Atlas.

7. Cpt Chattahah

V, you know I'm a speed addict! ;)

8. Aylek

Aylek Moderator Staff Member

I for myself am biting for not getting the Warhawks and especially the (I) Varianten with clan wave 1. It plays like a Heavy speedwise and can do a lot of very nasty loadouts. STs are a bit squishy, yes, but the combination of speed, firepower and armor is nearly unmatched. Think about a faster Stalker with a little worse hitboxes and you'll get the idea quickly.

PyckenZot likes this.
  9. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member