STK-5M "Gotta Go Brawl!" (5x SRM6, 4x ML, AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'STK-5M' started by POOTYTANGOSAUR, Jul 7, 2014.

1. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

"Gotta Go Brawl!"
    I have ran this build for ages. Today hopped on mechspecs to see if anyone posted it and was surprised to not see it. So here she is:

Groups:
    1 - Mlas all
    2 - Srm6 all
    3 - Srm6 chainfire
    4 - Mlas chainfire

Tactics:
    Stcik very close to all the cover you can find. Never get caught alone. Follow other large mechs. When you get close toss an alpha into the enemies CT. Then exclusively fire srms and the enemy should die in about 2 more salvos. Be sure to watch heat. The heat eff is 1.3 but with ghost heat you get hot fast. When you are at high heat chainfire srms and try to only use Mlas for surgical removal of limbs or torsos and finishing.

Outcome:
    If used correctly and with a bit of luck you can have this.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Shout out to Cowboyboots, Hootchie, SubjectSeven, StainlessSR for being great lancemates.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Builds with very close variation of this (SRM4s w/ LL, 4x SRM6+A) are the reason I bought the 5M long, long ago.

This is a GREAT brawler. I might have to bust this out and go Daishi hunting! ;)

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Nicely done! Yeah, this build looked/sounded pretty badass when we were playing together.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

I don't have the 5M yet (I used to, but I sold it like a year ago and haven't been able to save enough c-bills with all these distracting moneysinks), but dayum, you make it work so well!

I used to run 4LL 4SRM6 on my 3F, swapped those out for streaks because SRMs stopped working. Time to change it back!

5. Spheroid

Spheroid Well-Known Member

How does this compare with 4x ASRM6 vs. 5x SRM6?

6. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

My variation

Heat Simulator so u can check the groups and the incredibly high DPS (managed to keep it at 14)

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Heat Simulator doesn't account for the ghost heat on 5x SRM6. 27% efficiency is a death sentence in a brawler as you can't hide and cooldown as easily.

8. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

U are true, havent checked really as i was so happy adding it to every spec i was playing with yesterday that didnt check them all :blush:

And i was so happy to manage a 14 DPS in a 27% HE spec..... :unsure:

9. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

50 leg armor is low for a brawler ! and skipping on the zombie laser it's a shame :) Plus I like all slots used when having no ES and FF upgrades :rofl:

10. POOTYTANGOSAUR

POOTYTANGOSAUR Well-Known Member

If i were a tad crazy i would drop 1 DHS for the 5th mdlas. But i am loving build as is and it continues to devastate. It is almost never outdone by any chassis/build (strictly brawling that is).

11. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

with SRM range&cd modules this thing is out of control :D

but you really want 700 ammo and full armor with this ! just split the SRMs in left and right group and it's not that hot either

12. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Simple upgrade. 2 DHS (mostly due to space constraints), 1 SRM6 and 0.5 tons of armour to get ArtemisIV and BAP. U can allways use the BAP weight to increase armour or ammo.

13. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

but then is better to use the 3F for the torso twist :)

14. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Ok, ok. This was my first try, but i feel it too hot, and have the armour even more rounded :p

15. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

Stalker STK-5M SRM6 Range 7.5%

Stalker STK-5M Missile Range 7.5%

Stalker STK-5M SRM6 Cooldown 7.5%

Stalker STK-5M Missile Cooldown 7.5%

Stalker STK-5M Energy Range 10%

Stalker's gonna stalk :ninja:

Falconium likes this.
  16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

TBH with the 3F quirks being LRM orientated I'm far more tempted by Auriga's quad ASRM6/ML/BAP version as the 15%cooldown really raises the heat level of the mech, particularly if you're using the SRM cooldown module on top. Whether I'd keep the BAP I'm not so sure as its tempting to run with an extra ton of ammo and half of armour.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  17. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

that was pre quirks, now that version makes more sense, first there was no reason to drop the torso twist.

Anyway I tried and range + quirks = 338m srm6 range :D -> even more need of artemis.

I'd probably drop AMS and BAP for the backup zombie mlas and another DHS, plus some armor

this should also minimize ammo explosion

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  18. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I'd counter and suggest dropping the 5th laser for another ton of ammo as the bonuses are almost entirely based around the SRM 6. ;)

Motörhead likes this.
  19. highwind

highwind New Member

Problem is, that there is no much needed heat generation quirk which is essential for staying in a brawl...

If you put the exakt same built in the (originally LRM-centred) 3H you gain -12.5% energy heat and -10% missle heat which allows you to stay in the fight much longer, while losing only -5% SRM6 cooldown (which you cant really use of heat limitations anyway) and 15% SRM6 range (which isnt really needed for brawling)

20. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast