TBR-PRIME 'Audacity' (2cERLL, 3xcHML, 2xcLRM20s, cTC#1)

Thread in 'Timber Wolf Omni Builds' started by StolenMadWolf, Jun 19, 2018.

1. StolenMadWolf

StolenMadWolf New Member

This has been my main build for some time. It basically refines the build of the Timber Wolf Prime, being a versatile 'mech that can pick and choose what range to fight at, LRM-20s and ERLLs for long range, ERLLs and HMLs for medium and short range. Runs a bit hot but can cool down quick given time. HMLs are best used on chain fire to aid with that. Works best as a long range supporter/skirmisher with the LRMs and ERLLs, but once a good match reaches it's last stages, it can push on ahead and destroy alot of targets thanks to still dishing out 52 damage thanks to the lasers. All in all, a simple jack of all trades that can potentially dish out 1000 damage on a great match, especially when skilled up. Of course, such matches are rare.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Raddue likes this.
  2. Raddue

Raddue New Member

My modification to this build is just to swap the lasers around a little. That is, I replaced the ER Larges with Heavy Larges and I replaced the Heavy Mediums with ER Mediums. The synergy in engagement ranges between the Heavy Larges and the ER Mediums is fantastic, ala the standard Heavy Large Laser Hellbringer build. I kept the LRM20's for additional fire support. Cooling is the same as the first build but I think the long- and mid-range poke is better with this build. In close range, the Heavy Larges are not very good, however.

Honestly, the Hellbringer does the mid-range poking game better because of the inclusion of ECM and the higher mounts but this build looks like a lot of fun.

3. Raddue

Raddue New Member

I just came up with another build that I am more likely to play, just because I do not enjoy LRM game play much, personally. All I did is take my build above and replace the LRM20s and their ammo with ATM9s and three tons of ammo.

Use the lasers to poke at long(ish) and medium range during the start. When the push happens, use the ATMs and a combo of the lasers to keep the pain up. Make sure to grab double cool shots and all of the heat-based skill nodes 'cause wooo baby.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast