TDR-9SE "Drop the Bass" (2x SRM4, 5x MPLas, 4 JJ, XL315)

Thread in 'TDR-9SE' started by XtopheleS, Oct 18, 2013.

1. XtopheleS

XtopheleS New Member

Here's a close range build that utilizes the max engine size and 4 JJ for urban brawling. Not for use on Alpine Peaks... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  2. Khan Hallis

Khan Hallis New Member

Minor modifications, but overall I think better...
    Engine down to a 300, loses 2.7 kph untweaked and 4.2 tweaked, only a marginal reduction.
    Arm mounted MPL's became standard ML's for a slightly increased range and heat reduction.

But this allowed the addition of AMS, an extra DHS, and BAP for shutting down ECM and making sure streak boaters are inhibited some. Max DPS took a minor hit at -0.84 lower but the Sustained DPS took a small boost of +0.33, meaning you can fire longer and cooler doing more damage over time. And additional armor nearly maxing it out.

If it's liked great, if not Oh well.

3. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

This load-out looks freakin' awesome! However, it looks like more of a brawler. Max effective range about 280... I think I'll drop one heat sink, two JJ and pop in a STD295.

Brawl on, my friends! :D

Great concept, I just think this range demands a Standard.

4. XtopheleS

XtopheleS New Member

I like your modifications Cpt Chattahah, but to the previous poster who added AMS- I don't like AMS on a brawler. It gives away your position on approach, is generally annoying, and on a reasonably fast mech like this you should be able to duck behind cover to avoid missiles if you're doing it right (or be up in the face of the missile boat coring it out). There are situations where it's useful, but I'm just not generally a fan.

5. SirEpicPwner

SirEpicPwner Active Member

I use this build with a STD280, and it seems to be a capable brawler. The TDR chassis seems to tank damage quite well, so this guy is a good infighter.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast