The Arrow "Pulse-Master" (1xLPL, 2xMPL, 6xMG, 3xJJ, XL235)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'The Arrow' started by Falconium, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

It's pretty self-explanatory: open up their components with the Pulse Lasers, and then crit them out with the MGs. No sweat, so long as you can get close enough. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Falconium

Finally bought this shiny thing today, tossed this build on, threw the basics at it with GXP, and took it for a few spins in the Solo-Queue. After one or two fails where our team just spread out and fell apart, I finally managed to land in a match not full of new players (Clue: no Champion 'Mechs ;)). Anyway, with a team that actually understood what they were doing and knew how to position, I ended up with this. :rofl:

[​IMG]

:phear: :cool:

3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

I saw this build twice today, so it's catching on.

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Nice! I'll try this out, as the synchronization between ML and LPL cooldown doesn't prove to be all that useful, and neither does having a STD engine. I might be bad at torso twisting, but often I can't do much with a single LPL and orange open CT anyway if I don't die. Shorter burn time is probably really great, though.

However, I might try out the JM6-DD Standard instead

Though you want to get in MG range anyway, it should give you a bit more ranged retaliation.

5. Falconium

I've tried several builds on the Arrow so far (finally got it Elited as well, which is nice) and none have yet to compare with this beautiful little beast. The burst of the Pulse Lasers is absolutely superb for opening up specific components for the MGs to crit out. This thing legs 'Mechs in 4 or 5 seconds, it takes a cored ST or CT off in less. I am finding it to be a beautiful combination of weapons, with great speed, heat-efficiency, and jump height as well.
    I will say, running a STD Engine, with STD Lasers (still just 1 LL and 2 ML), can really improve survivability in certain situations. For instance, it helped my KDR this match:

[​IMG]

But for all that it's great to hit 11% and survive in a 45 ton 'Mech, my performance in that match might have been a little better had I been running the Pulse Lasers instead of the STD Lasers (higher damage alpha, with pinpoint, can't be under-rated). And I'm finding that most matches don't really make use of the STD engine's durability, as you either don't lose any torsos at all, because you don't die; or else you simply get killed by having your CT blown off, while both your STs are left fairly intact. It happens both ways, and can really depend on how much torso-shielding you do.
    In the end, I prefer the short, precise burst of the Pulse Lasers more than I care for the little-used survivability; so in general, I choose to run my Original build. I must say: it's proving quite effective. ;) :cool:

[​IMG]
    Video of Alpine:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. epikt

epikt Benefactor

You can have both STD engine and pulse lasers if you want ;) :

Maybe lower the engine a bit (to STD250) if you need more DHS or ammo, but it looks fine.

7. Falconium

Way to make it possible, Epikt. But I think . . . not enough ammo, pretty poor Heat-Efficiency, and . . . first thing I did when I bought this 'Mech was removing the FF Armor. So yeah, it's possible, but I don't think I would run it. ;)

Especially since I'm not finding XL in a Blackjack to be much of a problem. Most of the deaths I remember have been from CT destruction.

8. Lugtor

Lugtor New Member

5/5,
    One of the best Mechs I have ever played with.

rurik likes this.
  9. Big Rico

Big Rico Active Member

I just got The Arrow and I'm running something similar to this. Basically a supercharged stock build with max jump jets, all slots and hardpoints used:

I'd imagine it would perform similarly to your build, and it satisfies my love for AMS as I've been known to have. I still need to get use to it, but so far it's pretty fun.

rurik likes this.
  10. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Well, as long as you're running the stock camo or something similar in the style of 'two face' the chances for loosing a ST are higher than usually in a BJ. At least that's what I am scared about in the Arrow from day 1 on.

11. rurik

rurik New Member

4/5,
    I did the same today...
    really useful

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast