Casual UM-R68 "Streak Surprise" (2xSSRM6, 3xERML, XL 170)

Thread in 'UM-R68' started by GhostWolf_X, Mar 28, 2020.

1. GhostWolf_X

GhostWolf_X New Member

I haven't seen any R68 builds that use SSRM6s, a bunch of 2xSRMs or 2xSRM+A. I chose the SSRMs because I don't want to waste SRM ammo on faster targets only for it to miss. Besides its funny to blast a Piranha's (or any light mech's) armor off before coring out their engines with lasers

Wckedmunkey likes this.
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

IMHO, if you fit streaks you should never drop without a BAP: any ECMed light will easily ruin your day.

So here is a BAP 2xML+1xERSL version

It is worth considering that the urbie is not a fast mech (so it can't chase a fast light) and a smart light pilot will disengage you as soon as it notices you have Streaks, because it knows it can't win the "DPS/pinpoint damage VS urbie tank" race... Also, Streaks will leave you vulnerable to bigger and fatter mechs, so IMHO a hotter but more balanced way to build this mech is to fit smaller and lighter SSRM4 and upgrade to Ferro Fibrous so you ca fit MPLs for the excellent pinpoint damage and a faster XL180 for better range control and positioning against any opponent.

If your light mech opponent is not a fool it will try to disengage immediately, so fire everything you got before it runs away. Keep in mind that when running hot you can use SSRM4s only because you will be almost heat stable (98% cooling efficiency pre-skills).

When facing an ECM capable mech, regardless of its size, you can rely on the pinpoint damage of your MPLs (64% cooling efficiency by firing MPLs only).

Do not use SSRMs on any foe bigger than a 45 tonner: damage dealt by Streaks is very likely wasted on anything bigger than a medium mech because it will be spread across many components, so you must prioritize all the heat on meaningful damage on an appropriate component. To be fair and for the sake of completeness you can actually fire streaks on mediums or bigger opponents at point blank/body block range (no spread will be involved) or when an opponent is offering a side torso (all damage will be dealt to a side torso/leg/arm anyway), but I really do not recommend it due to being very situational.

The single JJ will be enough in most maps (you can reach the top of most platforms and/or roads in maps like canyon network and mining)

Recommended skill tree: max heat gean, max range, max ammo count, max laser duration, get most armor nodes, max radar deprivation (very helpful against ATM boats and this will also grant you almost all target decay nodes, very helpful against non-maxed radar deprivation opponents), max seismic sensors (as a brawler, you need to know when and/or where someone is trying to approach or evading you), get additional coolshots (very welcome for being a hot brawler) and airstrikes (very welcome for ranged damage on multiple foes)
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...c0000000000000000000070a5dff7a22119#s=Weapons

Alternatively, you can drop a single range node and seismic sensors for 2 acceleration and 2 deceleration nodes.
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...c6200000000000000000070a5c7e7a22119#s=Agility

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  3. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

I just put something similar together. Stay with buddies and continually amplify damage. SPL's might be best for quick followup shots on open components, but there are other ways.

With Mediums instead of SPL's:

With Smalls to size up the Streaks:

(Can ditch all three lasers to upgrade the smaller Streak, or drop the engine perhaps)

(I'm thinking the 2SSRM4 3SPL version is the best.)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast