USER BUILD: ProtoformX's Ilya Muromets "Chainsaw"

Thread in 'Mech Build and System Tests' started by Michael, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=54&l=e9d7c685ef73ca484644dd2d2448bc6e5fab3cac

Originally submitted by ProtoformX this variant is a beast for Direct Fire Support style players. In 3 drops we never got less than 530 damage. Sadly the best damage drop we recorded 0 kills and 7 assists but did an impressive 670+ damage. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgSnzpEQuM0

UPDATE: Just did 2x 4 man drops with this and both times scored 4 kills and 900+ damage.

[​IMG]

2. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Like Michael, I also picked up the Ilya at the sale and it will be among my moneygrinders for a long time. This thing can shake and bake som serious dough. ;)

If you want it, don't hesitate.

Nice video, I have never seen so much PUG interference though. It happens to me too of course but this was exceptional. :)

3. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

I'm not sure if its cause they know I be dishing out the pain and the only way for them to get the kills is to prevent me from getting them....

OR

I suck so bad that nobody pays attention to me and pretends I'm not even there LOL

4. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

It's likely more due to them thinking you will cease fire when they cross your path...

OR

They lack Situational/Environmental awareness. (most common case of Friendly Fire AND coincides with poor aim while tracking a target)

5. SniperCzar

SniperCzar Well-Known Member

You should give the my triple Gauss Ilya a spin next, if you dare! ;)

6. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Oh, I think this is doing just fine. 3 kills, 770 dmg total just now. :)

But for variety, maybe so. :)

7. Marec

Marec Well-Known Member

You got a ping of 12 ? Are you the janitor in their server center ? :cool:

8. The Jerol

The Jerol New Member

Here's a game I had with this build -- keep in mind, I had only around 250 total drops when I played this match.

I'd say it's a fantastic build for the relative newbie... You should stay behind the big guys and give fire support. If you are primary target you won't have as much fun. I use the same grouping setup that Grimm had, with Chainfire UACs for group 1, MLs in group 2 and all UACs group 3 (which I only do if I have a "tight spot" or a shutdown mech in front of me as Michael alluded to in the video).

Nice vid!

Oh... and lest you think it does good damage, but can't get kills... here's another game in the same build:

(and again, I'm a newb)

TJ out

ATTACHED FILE DELETED BY ADMIN (MIGRATING ATTACHMENTS TO NEW FORMAT IS A BEOTCH)

9. YaoYaoYiffy

YaoYaoYiffy Active Member

Just came back from a couple days off, picked up the Ilya after watching the vid. Got it just in time to take advantage of the sale. 3x UAC5s just looks fun.

10. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

It is extremely fun, just remember to use that engine and stay close to cover or teammates. It is a bit of a glass cannon but as a city brawler with lots of cover to run behind in case of jams it is tons of fun. :)

11. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

After buying the Ilya (specifically for this build and because of the sale) this has definitely become one of my favourite mechs. This thing is just so much fun, and 30% extra C-Bills is a great boon.

12. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

After watching this I may need to give the chainsaw build another try. I'm 7/8 basic on my Ilya and still haven't picked a build...

13. Cujo

Cujo Active Member

I just picked this mech up over the weekend because of the sale and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites with this build.

14. Shymer

Shymer Junior Member

I struggled to find the right build for the ILYA. I did try this for a few drops and didn't get on with it. Limped along with a dual PPC, AC10 build, which was OK - then I swapped back to this one. After a few PUGs, I am now routinely hitting 700+ damage in a game.

You simply can never have too much ammo. I have 9 tonnes and I run dry most matches. I use 3xML and drop the AMS so I have a viable secondary capability. Fire discipline is important. Slow and steady pulsing of the fire button, leaving a bit of time to readjust aim. Quick double-clicks and adding the lasers can generate a pseudo 45-pt alpha and I have taken the leg off of quite a few light 'Mechs in one pass with this.

If the enemy is not torso-twisting, then you can chew a hole through most 'Mechs in a few seconds.

It lacks a powerful single punch, which can leave you light for kills compared to damage output - but for sheer DPS - this is one of the most magnificent builds you can run - somthing to look out for on the battlefield. They are not as common as NxPPC, 2xAC20 builds - but I think they carry a major threat.

Another thing to note is the impressive range of the UAC5. This weapon can chase snipers off of high ridges at 1,000m - the tricky bit is staying on target - so single shots may be better than chain fire at range.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast