What other Online Games besides MWO do you else play?

Thread in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Blagg Zear, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Did I just win 4 tanks in that battle?

[​IMG]

Or are they one shot?

Edit: I presume 5 shots of each of those looking at it again. Boring.

Just started getting these battle trophies this weekend - I presume introduced in that last patch..

2. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

9 out of the 12 matches today dominated by enemy air power. I don't think Realistic is playable currently.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Just bought Evolve at Amazon. Someone else playing this game?

4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Evolve was one of those game that I would've bought if a bunch of the people I live around had gotten it, but since none of them had interest, I passed on it completely. :/ Playing that with PUGs sounds utterly awful to me ;)

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Mmh so far my German team have managed just 11 wins in 40 realistic battles this weekend. Other side seems to be populated with players that know exactly where you are at all times and crushes you totally with American tank destroyers and bombers.

Counting deaths - Out of my last 39 - 21 to M18 and 4 to a Sherman M4. I'm lucky if I can get one kill in some of these battles. Then 3 deaths in one battle to a P47D bomber... 11 to Mitchels.

FFS just realised the M18 is the new gold tank.... *slow handclap to the makers*. Great balance....

Well crawled through to where my PZ IV G, Pz IV H and Ostwind are finished so still 3 x 4.7 to finish. Ostwind is great against M18's btw with its AP HE but useless against Shermans. Of course while you shoot one target everything else rapes you with the US Blitzkrieg of spawning spots.

Problem is that the M18's are insanely fast and have a massive turreted gun so just flank and kill you - utterly dominating spawn sites. Low armour but you need HE etc to kill them.

Finally paid for my Tiger H1 though amusingly I can't afford to train a crew yet...

Can't afford my Panzer IV/70 or Panzer D at all... whelp.....

Am actually getting to the point where I'll lose all research points gained for tanks as I can't afford the predecessors...

Oh passed level 14 sometime today when I wasn't paying attention.

Overall Realistic is unplayable at the moment unless you're a masochist so switching back to Arcade.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  6. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I haven't played in a while. I should check it out to see what's new.

8. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

1- I played evolve with an invite key. Wasn't my cup of tea
    2- Don't think I'll be back to Hawken anytime soon

9. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Always wondered about it but it looks so twitch based and frenetic I'd probably be terrible at it. I'm much better when I can take careful shots like in War Thunder or MWO.

Wow that's mildly embarrassing ... apparently I once bought the Nemesis Bundle for Hawken but never played it! Guess It was on offer sometime and I picked it up as always been curious. Is there a way to redo the tutotial?

10. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Thought I'd give you an example of how utterly broken Realistic Battles are currently:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They literally just grabbed Alpha the only key point before we could even get into town then moved forwards as a wall killing everything. They lost 7... we lost 23. Zero tactical skill on their part. Their gun can punch straight through any German armour however sloped and they can move vastly faster than any German tank - in fact double the speed of a German medium in a turreted tank destroyer......

Next battle was so appalling people didn't even both to go back in with respawns as they'd already got three M18's at the ridge overlooking our only spawn spot before we could even get anywhere near Apha. The matchmaking is clearly broken as so many US vs other that its now M36's vs Pz IV's and KV-1's....

11. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Took me a battle to get used to the differences in Arcade but then mysteriously the silver started pouring in.... Panther D paid for....

Jagdpanzer 38(t) and Stug III G finished.

Random end to the day... got a 75% discount voucher for a German Tempest Mark V in one of the match rewards. So picked up a 7,100 gold plane for 1,775. Not really sure if that's good or bad.

I'd better learn to fly so I can generate better silver. ;)

Ok... Panzer IV/70 bought so theres just one tier 3 German tank to research and buy aka the Tiger E (250k). Going to need to crew the 3 un-crewed tanks first before I should buy it though. Those are a more reasonable 56/66/66k at least.

Changed back to realistic.

Pz IV J finished so just the Jagdpanzer IV to go. Strange thing is its turret today was suddenly very slow to turn and I can't work out why as was a great tank till now.

Tiger E researched but lol at buying it. Crewed the Panther D though and will work on the Tiger H1 crew tomorrow as that will give me a 5.3 and two 5.7 tanks to level once the Jagdpanzer IV is done. Its only 8.850 xp so I'll have to run it for a few more matches to get the 66k silver as I also will have to cover three upgrades while I finish leveling it. Lol and then I do one last battle... and get an 80k silver battle token reward. Made level 15 sometime during the evening but not sure if there's any point to your level at all.

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  12. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

You know those moments you're having a monster game and you suddenly realise there are a LOT of tanks breaking from cover weirdly to run for you...

... then wonder what happened to your team and want to cry as you again die to a US zerg rush. :(

[​IMG]

PS: Sadly that was my only good performance this evening do far. Even wasted a 150% silver booster on a 1 kill awful performance. :(

Up to 9/9 losses this evening always to the US zerg that people swear isn't unbalanced in realistic....

Took me all those battles just to do the last 2 and a bit components on the Jagdpanzer IV but thats the last of the 4.7's done.

On to my first heavy in the Tiger H1 (5.7), a medium in the Panther D (5.7) and the Panzer IV/50 (5.3) tank destroyer. Only 120k silver towards the 322k I need for the heavy Tiger E which is the last tier 3 German tank. As I haven't even researched the other two 6.0's yet aka the Panther A and G I have a long time to slowly accumulate silver despite the horrible cost of upgrades now.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
    The Verge likes this.
  13. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

dude, I feel your pain. Trying to do good in my KV-85, and I keep getting shot in the side by M18's. I hate them from WoT, and now I hate them in WT.

14. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

FYI the two higher packages of premium are half price atm.

This is a grind getting the repair and fire extinguishers...

Crewed the Tiger E, finished researching the Panther A and bought/crewed it.

15. Madgoose

Madgoose Well-Known Member

Without knowing the game - is a Tiger one of the meanest bad boys in the game?

16. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Not used it yet so I'll let someone else answer ... ;)

The Tiger 1H which is the predecessor does well but seems to burst into flames if a Russian or American tank glances at it. :(

17. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Is there a list of special decals you can get as just randomly got one for the Ostwind at 230 kills?

[​IMG]

Yup just 1 kill in that match ... I'm so good.....

18. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Like in any recent WWII tank game, the Tiger gets pitted against foes that
    a/ are balanced by the game mechanics (A Tiger could kill a Sherman from over 2 km away, where they could not even dare to ding its armor, just try spotting/hitting one that far away in this game)
    b/ was not meant to fight in real life (IS-2, and other magic shield tanks)

All whining aside, I found the Tiger the first German tank I could decently perform in whilst not looking at the battle from as far away as I could dare,...

19. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

Whelp I see that the research costs go insane in Tier 4. ;)

Panther G research 86,000... done
    Panther G bought ... 300,000
    crew trained.... 86,000

So thats all the 6.0's researched though I'm still struggling on the Tiger H1 (5.7), Panther D (5.7) and the Panzer IV/70 (5.3). Finding myself fighting alongside Tiger II P's, H's, Panther A's, G's and Jagdpanther's so just trying for assists really.

Oh well slowly progressing. Mentally trying to grapple with the 6.7 BR tanks I need to research now aka the Tiger II P (100,000 RP, 320,000+90,000 SP), Tiger II H (120,000 SP, 360,000+100,000 SP), Kugelblitz (120,000 RP, 360,000+100,000 SP), Jagdpanther (100,000 RP, 320,000+90,000 SP) and Ferdinand (120,000 SP, 360,000+100,000 SP). That's a lot of RP and SP for tier 4!

Of course the Panther F and II are both also 6.7 BR but those are tier 5 so I can't even unlock them yet as only 2 tier 4's unlocked currently.

20. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

always wanted to play... bought... never installed..

Evolve Will Require whopping 50GB of Hard Disk Space

Thought it was a MP Game? What content does it have to eat up 50 Gigs??! Ultra 4K HD Textures?

Btw.. Anyone tried out HOTS already???! ^_^

Last edited: May 13, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast