1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual WHM-6D "Perseverance Is All" (9xERML, LE300)

Thread in 'WHM-6D' started by Gun Tuv, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Active Member

So I've been playing around with SHS in their new guise looking for something that might make it worth while. The answer appears to be ERmeds on something fairly chunky (but not *too* big) with lots of energy hardpoints. It's impossible to get something this cool with this loadout using DHS (though you can, of course, go faster and do more alpha - but this is about finding an interesting sustained DPS build so that's kinda irrelevant). Anyway, here it is - your thoughts would be appreciated!

2. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Active Member

Preliminary testing looks good, actually. Once I've got some heat gen/operations skills I will probably pull a SHS or two and install a TC to double down on the 10% range quirk.

Excalibaard likes this.
  3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Great application of SHS. with DHS you can run MPL instead (like the BLK-6B-KNT does), so it's really still wayy too heavy of a tonnage sink for most builds that are possible on chassis of this size, but with a slightly limited loadout such as this, you can't go wrong :)

Gun Tuv likes this.
  4. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Active Member

Cheers. I'm enjoying theorycrafting SHS builds - I like sustain builds and I like driving unusual variants so there's some mileage in it for me.