WVR-7D "Gundog" (1xLRM10+A, 1xLRM5+A, 1xUAC5, 1xML, MASC, 1xJJ, XL265)

Thread in 'WVR-7D' started by VanBurenPhilips, Mar 12, 2016.

1. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips Active Member

[​IMG]

Took me ages to find the first build I enjoyed on this weird mech, and this is it. Very different to anything I've played on my other Wolverines. Not a build for mixing it up, but for long range fire support - plug away with the UAC & simultaneously send missiles, use the MASC to dodge laterally & zip out of harm's way.

Never spectacular, but dependable for me & kinda fun to play. I'm trying something else out now, so I'm putting this up as an idea for anyone still struggling to find a build for this mech. If nobody wants it I shall send it to live on a farm.

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

1) Skip the Artemis. It's not worth it for LRM10s and especially 5s.
    2) NEVER EVER downgrade a medium or light mech's leg armor!
    3) NEVER EVER store your ammo there!
    4) Protect your vital parts. The pilot is one of them...

Quick and dirty, here's your improved build:

VanBurenPhilips likes this.
  3. VanBurenPhilips

VanBurenPhilips Active Member

Ah I don't use LRMs a lot so I know nothing really about Artemis vs none. Something for me to practice.

The rest ain't for me though. I run with head & leg values like that often (on certain mechs) and the bad stuff just doesn't happen. It's a death trap on some (Marauder legs! ouch >.<) but totally fine on others.

Oh except for lights, I agree there (Cicada too). Full leg armour, no ammo. The ammo here - well it's a gamble anywhere, but I know some people hate ammo in the legs. In the case of your revisions, I'd avoid those two chunks in the RT due to the lack of crit padding, I think you'd get a lot of XL deaths there - maybe try this?
    Ammo reshuffle
    If I've got the order right, the RT UAC ammo will get drained first and should be gone before the armour, and the LT is about as padded as it's gonna get.

I'd shove it all in the boots though :D

4. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Another revision from me:

80.7 kp/h is probably enough for an agile fire support mech, and that's what this is meant for in the end. I'd therefore lower the engine to the more common XL255, shave some armor and add ammo for the LRMs. Stick with the team, spam the LRMs and try to core out parts with the UAC and MPL.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast