Yen Lo-Wang "Mythweaver's" (1xAC20, 2xML, AMS, XL270)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Yen Lo-Wang' started by Mythweaver, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

This is the same as the build I've been running. I'll have to drop 1/2 ton of armor for that CASE though, good idea there mate.

2. Jason1138

Jason1138 New Member

Just wanted to point out to everyone that you can run this exact same build, more or less, with the founder's hunchback. same speed, same weapons, same amount of ammo, etc. or you can drop a ton of ammo and go with 3 medium lasers

this has the advantage of 2 torso lasers instead of 1, but i'm not sure that's worth paying MC for

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Not to be a bummer, but the Hunch's hit box it a bit larger than that Centurion arm...at least from the front. Plus, I believe this is the only Centurion able to mount the AC20.

4. Xitomatl

Xitomatl Junior Member

It's true, the YLW is the only Centurion capable of mounting an AC20.

This is without question my favorite YLW build. As epikt said, this is what the Wang was made for. I have made some very minor tweaks to mine. I have not experienced the legging issue, at least in PUG matches, which is unfortunately what I do primarily due to a lack of extended periods of free time. Thus, I dropped the CASE and moved 1 ton of ammo to my head, 3 tons to the legs, and upped the armor all around.

5 Star build for sure!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  5. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Ammo.Upgrade:

6. Arujinho

Arujinho Junior Member

Blagg, put it in the first post as well (as alternative):wub:

7. nimdabew

nimdabew Junior Member

Find the holes in the armor, shoot the squishy inside. I do a lot of component damage with this mech.

8. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

This build exists already. No need to repost it. Simply at your Mod in the discussion thread.

Btw I'd run it with STD250, makes u go Zombie if losing a ST

9. Trifler

Trifler Active Member

I'm currently running an interim version of this build that doesn't have the Double HS yet. It cost a little under 2.5 million to get this far. I'll probably upgrade to Double HS eventually, but for now this seems almost as good.

Dropping the heatsink for a 4th ton of ammo here would work too.

10. EnnZed

EnnZed New Member

Works quite well.

[​IMG]

11. Darem

Darem New Member

Pretty much what i run

12. Bloodhound5

Bloodhound5 New Member

Can take a beating and give it out too

13. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Just use Blagg's version and all will be good.

14. germs95

germs95 Junior Member

Best build that I found for YLW! Just dont get too cocky with that ac-20 and engaging head on in a fight or you might get rekt in the process but if you do survived hmm lucky you..

15. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

5/5,
    Here's my flavor of it:

and skill tree:

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...062101838730000e86f770f0000808f0701#s=Weapons

By no means a great meta mech, but definitely a fuuun mech. I'm about halfway through skilling it up. Slinging AC20 shells out of that gun arm has a unique satisfaction.

You're going to need all that ammo.

<edit - adjusted skill tree. Despite the good heat management of the build on paper, I found under constant firing eventually heat becomes a major problem, modified to go deeper into heat management>

<double edit - whoops! I had accidentally left SINGLE heat sinks on the build... that explains it!>

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    Excalibaard likes this.
  16. HKO2006

HKO2006 Active Member

Now with AMS.
    I see some builds trade some leg armor for STD250, I keep the leg armor in this one.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast