[FEEDBACK] ARCHER DETAILS FOR 15-MAR-2016 PATCH

Discussion in 'Feedback on Sales, Patches, Promotions' started by Blagg Zear, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Is an ECM Heavy Hero Mech pay to win?

3. Aylek

Aylek Moderator Staff Member

Ask the Pirates Bane. ;-)

Seriously spoken, the Tempest comes with some mild quirks only. This probably is to avoid any P2W claims at all.

4. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Alo, Tempest have less hardpoints than it seems, there is 3 hardpoints on CT (2E1M), so you can't really use them all.

2R is weird, quirks are for LRM but the ample energy hardpoints and only 3M makes for a mid range fighter?

5S seems good though.

5W would be the topic of how to boat it nicely. thinking of streaks or srm4.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  5. WorkerPrime

WorkerPrime Junior Member

These quirks are just whaaaaat

Look at the 5S, only energy quirks and 4 energy hardpoints on a missile mech. whaaaaat

6. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Disagree, seeing as the Tempest has pretty ok Structure Quirks, making this thing a real tanky mech.

EDIT: Never mind, these hardpoints are just the worst on the Tempest
    • Hardpoints:
    • Left Arm: 2 Energy
    • Lower Arm Actuator: Yes
    • Hand Actuator: Yes
    • Left Torso: 1 Missile, 1 ECM
    Center Torso: 2 Energy, 1 Missile
    • Right Torso: 1 Missile, 1 AMS
    • Right Arm: 2 Energy
    • Lower Arm Actuator: Yes
    • Hand Actuator: Yes

The entire CT Missile point is useless to me, as I would go with 2x Energy rather than just a 1x Missile, even if it is an LRM10. 2x MLas=14damage, 1x LRM10=10 damage. And with an minimum range needed for missiles to even do damage, Lasers every day.

Theory time: this mech will become an ECM energy boat, and will become P2W, even with the terrible missile hardpoints and the terrible missile quirks. Why? because the Energy hardpoints are super high mounted, and this thing should be able to snipe or brawl with a very potent laser boating loadout.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  7. Aylek

Indidn't look them up, but from memory the structure quirks on, for the example, all the Blackjacks or the Top Dog are quite a bit better than on the Tempest.

You mean something like 1x LPL (CT), 4x ML (arms), 2x SRM6+A, ECM? Count me in... :facepalm:

I did something very similar on one of the Marauders, and it was very efective, allbeit a bit hot.

8. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Well, I prefer the high mount energy too, but it is ok if you want 1E1M, most likely 1xMPL + SRM4.
    Would check heat management first before I decide.

Both "6x MPL+ 2x SRM4" or "5x MPL + 3x SRM4" would work well.

For long range 2R can mount LL/LPL in the high CT for snipery needs.

9. Aramuside

Aramuside Advanced Member

New heat system and their twitter comment about completely redoing the quirk system... who knows if any of these are of use. ;)

SkiDog likes this.
  10. SkiDog

SkiDog Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

On another note, this is yet another mech where the 3d modelers seem to have failed at catching the spirit of the concept drawings. Sadly I think that with most of the humanoid chassis.

11. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

They are always "redoing" the quirk system. In reality it is just tweaks here and there.
    They tried the info warfare crap and they know it is never going to fly.

12. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

They need lobbies and dropships (ala what people do in TS) to pre-plan load-outs and change mechs, if needed (in the same weight class if anything) So everyone on your team knows and can see the mech you are dropping in. At least the mech and the weapons loadout.

We dropped on the new Artic map yesterday, we had no ECM, and very few LRMS (PUG drop) and all of us on coms are complaining how we are about to be rolled... well, we won something like 12-3.. we did the rolling.

13. SkiDog

SkiDog Moderator Staff Member

I agree. I've said it before, we have to wait to ready up after the map is selected. Why can't we use that time to make last minute mech selections in the same weight class. Even if they don't want to do the lobby thing, this alone would make the pug game more enjoyable.

14. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

Some Archer Tests guys? Heard this Mech has some heavy issues with the STs. Some Archer Owners here to confirm/deny?

15. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

ST is a bit effy.
    But on the good side it works well so far at longer ranges.

As a close range, Model T works wonders. Probably cause of the agility quirks.
    It works well as a lrm boat for some models, obviously. 5x lrm10 is impressive but ammo heavy. Will try other builds for 5S after leveling though.
    2R is good with LL/LRM combo also.
    Still waiting to try the 5W for real, got alpine 2 in a row with the mech while going SRM. Maybe I should mount 9xMRM10.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  16. Aylek

ST are huge targets indeed. Would love some additional structure quirks here.

17. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

If you look at the original mech (the unseen) then yeah those mechs had MASSIVE side torso exposure AND loads of munitions mounted in those areas. Frankly, I think it should be a weakness for the mech. Remember, this wasn't designed as a front line duke it out slug fest type of mech.

18. Aylek

Yeah, but contrary to MWO hitting those STs in TT was more or less luck. MWO has (more or less) highly accurate targeting computers - every single player.

Michael likes this.
  19. enileph

enileph Space Pimp

Well, in TT it does not mater how your mech model is, the chance of getting hit at any place is a matter of randomization, and that chance is the same regardless of model.

In a shooty booty game like this the model matters quite a bit. If you have a huge ass ST it is going to attract massive fire. If you have the CT of a Dragon (esp TT version) then you get CT cored quite a bit more.

Basically barring special case if you have the same weight on TT you get hit all the same if your loadout is the same regardless of model. In MWO, if you are bigger or taller you get hit more.

Think about a Mauler and what would happen if those shoulders are sized like TT.